Mirror Mirror On the wall, who is the most famous of them all?

Expectations of joining wattpad: 

I shall get ten thousand reads on the first chapter of the novel I post up. 

I shall have thousands of fans. 

Everyone will vote and comment on my work. 

Everyone will love my work. 

My life will be perfect and the reads will keep coming.

Reality: 

Only a handful of people read your updates. 

Spammers fill your message board and fan section. 

People take advantage of you. 

You don't receive millions of reads, votes or comments. 

Fans don't always pop up like wildfire.

I must say, when I signed up for wattpad, I thought I'd become famous over night. I was lured in by the stories on the featured page, containing stories with over a million reads and thousands of votes and comments.  

What a big fat lie. 

For most people, when they sign up on wattpad, they become "famous" instantly. For others, it involves hard work and toil.  

So basically after a week of being on Wattpad, I only had one fan and fifteen reads on my work. I didn't despair or throw a fit. I instead, spent my time exploring the site and getting to know it better. That was how I found the share your story club and was able to get my works noticed by more people. As time went on, more and more people began reading my work, liked it and became fans. It felt strange at first because on Booksie (the writing site I first joined and was a member of for three years) it took me three years to gain thirty eight fans and on wattpad, I've been here close to a year and have four hundred hundred and six fans.  

It's absolutely mind blowing to me. 

Wattpad has made me realise that even some of the famous wattpad people on here didn't get famous over night. Some have been on wattpad for three or more years and their fan base has built up overtime.  

During my long holidays, I decided to take an interest in making front covers. I had been making some for myself, and I didn't think they were that bad. So I took a flipping risk (trust me it was!) and started my own thread and there I met awesome people! Not only was I able to make covers for people, but was able to increase my fan base and more and more people noticed my work.  

So that is basically how I ended up where I am now. One extra thing I don't understand is how this rant book got quite popular. I just thought it would only be me, moaning about the shit occurring in my wattpad life.

Now, back to ranting!!! Yay!!!  

I'm not a cow or some bitch who complains all the time... Actually, I am and to the haters out there.. Fucking deal with it. 

Autocorrect keeps on changing the word fucking to ducking. It's so bloody annoying!

Ok, I'm really going to start my rant now.  

So I have an interview book called Explosive which I'm slowly working on. One morning I decided to look through my email for any wattpad notifications and surprise, surprise I had one. 

I read the message and it was basically a comment on explosive. An author was complaining about how she tried so hard on wattpad to get noticed and knew she'd never get an interview, and added a lot of *sighs* at the end. I felt quite bad for her and decided to check out her page.  

She had only been on wattpad for less than two days. 

My first reaction was hold. The. Fuck. Up. 

Really?! She had only been on wattpad for less than forty eight hours with only a chapter of a story uploaded, complaining and was complaining about how hard she worked on wattpad.  

Argh! Not only had she put me in an awkward position, I didn't know what to say as a reply... So I ignored the comment.  

My advice: before you start complaining about how you're not getting any recognition, try to involve yourself in wattpad and make sure you've been a member for about five or six months.  

I've got nothing else to say.

Last night, I decided to just take a cruise around wattpad. I couldn't be stuffed studying my Biology textbooks and I found myself in the fast and dangerous world of famous authors! 

*cue in intense music* 

One of the famous authors that I found had grammatical errors all over her bio section. Strange. She was probably drunk when she wrote it. Then I was stupid enough to click on her story and I received a migrane after the first paragraph.  

Everyone thought it was amazing. 

I thought it was one of the biggest bullshits I'd ever seen/read in my life. What did I learn from that? If someone has spelling and grammar mistakes all over their bio, they probably can't write for shit.  

And the person had five thousand fans!! I'm just going to think they're fake accounts the author created.  

Also, as I went on my dangerous mission, I came across one who treated her fans like shit and was being a snobby cow. I wanted to blow her brains out.  

To the authors of wattpad who think they're so fly like a g6 and can be total assholes to their fans, lets get one thing straight: You and I are on wattpad to write. Just because you have ten thousand fans who kiss your feet doesn't make you better than everyone else. Do you want to know why?  

This is why. At the end of the day, the result is the same. You and I aren't paid by wattpad. We just put up our work on the Internet for people to read and love or hate. 

End of story. So get off your fucking throne and come back to earth! A little humility will get you a long way. 

And can I just say that I hate it when I stumble across people with fifty two thousand fans who only fan one person, who is their best friend from school.  Um.... That's so shallow. You're not God or Jesus and writing "I'm famous, bow down bitches" on your status says it all. You're a low life bitch, so you get off your ducking (autocorrect) chair and come back to reality.  

I would bow down, but I don't wanna look at your ugly ass feet.

One thing though, not all famous wattpad authors are dimwits. Some are nice and cool e.g. The author of what's the spell. She's so nice and friendly and I was so touched by her humility. She's awesome :)

So yeah, I'm done for today. I've got a literature essay to study and I received my timetable for exams. I'm very pissed because they're squished into three days. 

Argh!

But on the bright side, I'm going to listen to some Florence and The Machine and work on another chapter of my book, Winter Flames.