#growupandshutup [grow up and shut up]

I hoped you all missed me. I hope you did. I bet you did.

Well, if you didn’t *shrugs* I’m back! Well, I actually never went away. I just didn’t have time to write. But here I am, once again with open arms, saying “Hello!”

So, over the past two or three weeks (I’m not sure) I’ve not only spent time studying for exams (YAY!), but I have also been doing some major stalking across Wattpad, and oh sweet lord, sometimes I find myself wanting to give a few people a piece or two, of my damn mind.

#Rant number one: people who think they are the next Jesus.

This rant mainly refers to the people in the multimedia club. In case you are new to the orange world of Wattpad, or haven’t checked the clubs Wattpad has on offer, the multimedia club is a club where graphic designers make graphics –book covers, banners, movie posters, icons, profile pics and all that jazzzzz.

There are fantastic graphic designers, good designers and some-not-so-good designers in the multimedia club. Honestly, I’m not meaning to offend anyone, but it’s a fact of life. Deal with it. Some people these days are so damn over-sensitive.

But you know what annoys me?

I get insanely pissed off when these fantastic designers act like they are the next Jesus (no offence to Christians whatsoever) and have the right to diss those who fail to make graphics up to their “standards”. Most of these graphic designers have Photoshop and mostly treat people who do not have Photoshop like little shits. Now, there is nothing wrong with having Photoshop. I have the program as a reward for working my butt of for the first half of this year and I am eternally grateful for it and would never treat someone who didn’t have Photoshop and used pixlr or picmonkey instead, as shit.

I also get mad when these designers also think they can dictate what people can and can’t make. For example, the other day during my tour around Wattpad, in my diamond sunglasses, I stumbled across a designer who basically complained at people using icons as profile pictures.  If you’re not sure of what an icon is, look at my profile picture (it’s not me by the way. I’m black). The person basically said something along the lines of –“the crap people call icons are not icons. People just take pictures and add colourings to them.” blah blah blah.

NEWSFLASH! If people want to make icons by cropping a mother effing picture and adding PSDs to it, it’s fine. Just because you have Photoshop and study graphic design or some shit like that, doesn’t mean you tell people what they can and cannot make. Jeez!

And to make matters worse, the person has all these “tutorial” threads, where she and her friends basically diss other people’s graphics.

Some people really need to take a stick out of their arse.

Having Photoshop doesn’t make you better than everyone else. Do you want an award? Well, I’m not giving you one.

#Rant number two: people who deliver graphics saying “urgh. This is so bad”, “crapiness”

I can’t stand it when people make graphics for other people and complain about how crappy it is. Honestly, if you deliver a graphic, telling people it’s crappy, what makes you think they’ll want it? No one wants a graphic you consider “crappy” or “terrible”.

Or when people apply to work on threads and for their examples, tag it as “bad graphics”. Shut up you attention seeking whore! If you think your graphic is bad, don’t fucking advertise it! I’m not here to sweet-talk you because you want the attention. Damn it!

#Rant number one: Authors who write bitchy author notes about their fans and complain all the time.

I came here to read your story, not to read a bratty and bitchy message you wrote to me, your reader/fan, whilst you were busy shoving your face full with cake and chocolate.

I came here to read your story and get to know you better, not listen to you complain about the fact you’re not happy with the thousand votes and five hundred comments you received, because you want more.

#growupandshutup