Authors be Like "OMG Don't Judge Me!"

Once upon a time, a girl named Jane logged onto Wattpad, and went to the multimedia designs club, to show everyone her cover.

“Please don’t judge me,” she said, as she placed her cover on the art stand. “I don’t like people judging me.”

Okay, first off all, where do I begin?

I know! Let’s start off by looking at the definition of “judging”, in the dictionary.

JUDGING: form an opinion or conclusion about: a production can be judged according to the canons of aesthetic criticism

Ah, thank you my darling dictionary.

I think the whole essence of people saying “don’t judge me for doing this,” or “don’t judge me for doing that,” is something I will never get my head around.

Of course, I hear this phrase in my day-to-day life:

“Don’t judge me for posting nudes!”

“Don’t judge me for dressing like a hoe to your grandma’s funeral.”

“Don’t judge me.”

“Don’t. Judge. Me.”

Well kids, welcome to the real world. We as humans judge one another, all the time. Hell, I do it on the train, on the bus, and even on Wattpad. I’m not going to lie about it.

If your work is shit, hey, you’re going to be judged by it. If your personality is shit, I will judge you by it. Remember, being judged doesn’t mean I’m going to put a bullet through your skull. It means I am forming an opinion or conclusion about you.

People need to stop hiding behind the “don’t judge” bullshit that is circulating around the frigging place. People need to stop hiding behind the saying, as a pathetic way to gain immunity from criticism.

Grow a backbone, and face the facts.

People nowadays would rather hear lies, than listen to the truth.

It’s sad, and makes them look pathetic. But hey, I blame Postmodernism for that one.

Just don’t start bringing the whole “don’t judge me” bullshit into Wattpad clubs, when asking for critique, else I’ll back hand you.