Plagarising idiots

So I found out my novel, Caged Bird Screaming had been plagiarised today and I am not happy about that. Actually, I’m pissed. I’m fucking pissed. I’m going to try not to swear my head off as I type this, but honestly, I’m after someone’s blood right now.

I was going through the nightmare that is called my email, when I found a message by one of my fans telling me someone had copied my novel. I was like, “What?! Hold up! Is it April?!” Then, I found the story, called Caged Black Bird and I lost the mother effing plot. The story is the exact same copy of Caged Bird Screaming! Exactly!

I was reading through the two chapters of the bitch’s “work” thinking: Oh my god, I wrote this. I remember editing this. I remember changing this word from “quake” to “shudder.

The only thing the bitch who copied my story changed, was my main character’s name from Axe, which is an African name, to some stupid Amazon, mystical name called Lux.

I was mad. Stark mad.

I spent over four months writing, editing and rewriting that novel. Yeah sure, it’s my first novel and it’s not the most amazing piece of literature, but that book is literally my firstborn child. No one steals it! No dimwit on the internet should ever steal it and say “it’s my work.”

And I don’t even know what makes it worse: the fact she has probably published my novel on other websites or the fact she’s planning on publishing it as a real book.

I swear to all that is holy, if she ever publishes my book in her name, I’ll sue her goddamn ass to the mother fucking floor and I’m not joking.

The bitch can’t even spell “site”. She doesn’t even put spaces after her commas. And she has the frigging guts to take my work and say it’s hers and that she worked so hard on it! Excuse me, but I worked hard on it!

I remember getting home from school and turning on my laptop and working on the story. I remember when I began writing the novel in my Creative Writing class. I still have the very first draft on a lined sheet of paper to prove it. I remember staying up late every single night, writing a chapter of the novel, reading over it and editing it. I remember going through lots of websites, watching lots of documentaries on youtube and movies about slavery to get a better understanding of the topic. I remember the night when I finished the novel at 12:41am. I balled my eyes out because I couldn’t believe I had actually finished the novel.

Let’s not mention the fact my grades almost dropped because I spent all my free time, working on the novel.

Honestly, how hard is it to write your own work? How hard is it for you to sit down on your ass and type something out? Oh wait, it’s hard because you truly lack some imagination!

You know what, I’m done with this rant. I’m pissed, I’m tired and I just want to kill someone. Finding out some bitch copied my story is basically one of the best birthday presents that I could ever receive.

Thank you to those people who commented on “Caged Black Bird”, sent messages on her wall and to the amazing person who alerted me to it.

And to the low life scum bag who copied my work, fuck you!

The link to Caged Black Bird is on the external link.