Chapter 41 - "Pursuit of truth..."

Manik's Office: Soha's cabin: 1:30 pm:

Soha was working on her laptop when her mobile vibrated. With indifference, she answered the call.

Soha: "Hello..."

The person on the line: "Have you seen the pictures, Madam?"

Soha: (Reluctantly) "Yes, good job. And what about that other girl you were following. Any information about her?"

The person on the line: "Yes, Mam. Her name is Nandini. She is Navya's friend and she lives with Shreya Sharma. She is a teacher at XYZ School. Right now, she must be going to school. I am following her. Will send you more photographs and details. Bye Madam."

The person cut the call. Soha grimaced with vengeance.

Soha: "One, just one single clue about your secret life and I will assassin your character so nicely in front of everyone that you won't be able to hold even this post; forget about Singapore, Mr Manik Malhotra. Soha Sanyal never procrastinates to return the favour. Just wait and watch."

She mumbled under her breath and gripped the paper-weight in determination. Her eyes were emitting venom.

................................................

Nandini's School : Staff-room: 1:30 pm:

Nandini was checking the copies. It was a lunch break. However, she decided to have it after the pending work. Actually, she was planning to take a leave tomorrow. Manik's Birthday is on the day after tomorrow. So both had planned to spend tomorrow's night outside. At midnight, they will celebrate it in a hotel. Manik already booked the room. He has many plans. Nandini could guess it. She blushed at the thought. Her colleague Manisha was sitting beside her. She is a good human being but sometimes crosses the line of her teasing.

Manisha: (In a teasing tone) "Oho...Nandini. That is called the heart to heart connection. He just stepped in and you blushed; without even glancing at him. It seems that the fire is on both sides."

Nandini couldn't understand her meaning and turned at her quizzically. Manisha bit her lower lip and indicated towards the staff-room door. Nandini followed her gaze and her jaws hardened. Aryamaan was standing at the door. As she met his eyes, he entered with a bright smile. With an 'I know everything' look and smile, Manisha left her seat and approached the other corner of the room. It seemed that she didn't want to disturb their privacy though her full concentration was around them. After a formal smile, Nandini again fixed her eyes on the copies. Only five copies were left to check. Aryamaan occupied Manisha's empty chair.

Aryamaan: (In a low distinct voice) "Nandini, are you busy? It's lunchtime. Did you have your lunch?"

Nandini: (Without turning her head) "No, I haven't yet. I have some pending work. I have to finish it."

Aryamaan: (Eagerly) "Good. Even I haven't had it yet. Let's go to the canteen. I have something to tell you."

Aryamaan's words made Nandini stop her pen for a moment. Her body stiffened because she knew what he is going to tell. Last night Navya told her everything. She told her that Cabir said how Aryamaan likes her and he is going to propose to Nandini very soon. But she never thought that soon will be so soon. She gazed up and roamed her eyes in the staff room. Only five teachers were there but she could smell that everybody's concern and the centre of attention are they. For the last fifteen days, the conjecture about her and Aryamaan's love affair was in peak. It was really pesky for her when there is not the slightest truth in it. However, she couldn't totally blame these gossip mongers. Aryamaan's behaviour is suspicious. But today she decided to end this topic. She decided to tell him that she is seeing someone. Even better, she will tell that she is engaged. She knows that Aryamaan is a good guy and it's not nice to keep him in dark with wrong hope. It's better to tell him rather than make it more complicated. Nandini turned at him.