Chapter-39 "The Drama- queen in jeopardy..."

Mumbai: Outside of a posh restaurant: 7:00 pm:

Cabir was eagerly waiting outside of the restaurant as fixed for their first official and mutual consent date. As previously planned, Navya was supposed to come directly from her office. Though Cabir was excited and happy a pinch of anxiety was perturbing him deep inside. Aloka asked him and Aliya to find out the truth about the whisper of Manik and his cook Gattu's relationship. But Cabir knew that any rush or wrong step could create misunderstanding and chaos in so many lives. Even Aliya and his life and future are involved in this. So both the brother-sister due mutually decided that before diving deep down they have to take their partners in confidence. Aliya will raise the topic in front of Dhruv while Cabir will discuss it with Navya. "But how? I can't ask her directly if she has some romantic connection with that cook, neither it will be nice to ask her if Manik has the same. God, it is so flustering." His mind uttered in frustration. Cabir took out a cigarette and lit it. Now, this only could simmer down his dilemma. He couldn't feel that someone came near and stood just behind him.

Navya: (In a vexed tone) "If there is so much urgency to die, rail tracks are a better option. Why are you straining your lungs?

The voice immediately compelled Cabir to turn. Navya was standing with a deep frown folding her hands on her chest. Her eyes were fixed to his aflame cigarette. Cabir's lips automatically parted in tumult and the cigarette dropped straight to his foot.

Cabir: (Yelled in pain) "Ouch...."

He jerked his leg like a horse and leapt like a young monkey. It turned Navya's frown to an amused chuckle. Though she controlled her laughter.

Navya: (In a fake solemnity) "It seems that cigarette not only burns man's lungs it can give a burning sensation to his skin too. If you are done with your awkward dancing can we sit and talk?"

Cabir: (With a sheepish smile) "Yeah, of course. We have come here for this only. At least for a couple of hours in the start."

His voice had some hidden indication that didn't get unnoticed by Navya. Although she couldn't grok the double meaning.

Navya: (Furrowed her brows) "What do you mean?"

Cabir looked at Navya from the corner of his eyes. If he had explained the inner meaning of this WHAT, it would have been quite a fast approach for a second date that he was expecting some romantic moments with her apart from these dry talks. They occupied a corner table. The restaurant was partially full as it was a weekday and the time was not preferable for busy people. He sipped on his water and tried to turn the topic.

Cabir: "So, how was your day? Hectic or regular?"

Navya: (Puffed a blow) "Both. Regular in work-wise and hectic in responsibility wise. You don't believe I couldn't even have my lunch. Shreya and Nandini will yell at me if I tell them."

She smiled affectionately indicating how much they are emotionally connected.

Cabir: (Being concerned) "Oh...I am so sorry. Lemme order something. Even I am famished."

He grinned profoundly. Navya nodded with a smile. Cabir pushed the menu book towards Navya.

Cabir: "You live with Shreya and Nandini. Are they from Mumbai only?"

Navya: (Unmindfully) "Shreya is my cousin. She has been in Mumbai for quite a long time but Nandini is new. In fact, she shifted here at the same time when I came."

Navya eventually chose her dish and the waiter got their order.

Cabir: "Oh...but how did you become friends? I mean did you both meet in Mumbai?"