Chapter 40 - "The chasing game..."

Aliya's college: Classroom: 11:30 am:

Aliya glimpsed at the watch shackled on her slender wrist and scowled.

Aliya: (Ground under her breath) "This Mukti!...can never be on time. I am sure she doesn't care about that lecture but at least think about my jittery condition, Man..."

She slammed the copy on the desk and unlidded the water bottle to wet her dry throat. She was about to pour water in her open mouth, someone patted her back. She jolted and some water spilt on her face as well as on the desk.

Aliya: (Coughing due to stifling) "What the....he...ll..."

She let out somehow with continuous coughing and turned to face the moron. Her eyes met two curious orbs dancing with amusement. A big satisfactory smile was plastered on her bonnie face.

Mukti: (Arching her brows) "What's up? Missing me or cursing me? But in that case, I should be the person coughing"

She occupied the assigned seat near to her beastie and took the bottle from Aliya's hand.

Aliya: (With gritted teeth) "I wish I could have throttled you without the help of this water. But I don't want to give you that privilege. Now could you care to explain to me why are you late and what is the actual outcome of your so-called spying or you just paid lip service?"

Mukti: (Winked with a board smile) "Chill, Babe...it's Mukti Vardhan...the one and only intelligent stalker of this college. And these kinds of works need patience and time. But yesssss, my work is done and you won't believe I got bonus information too about that Gattu Singh. But before that clear a doubt of mine.

She budged on her seat and brought her mouth near to Aliya's ear.

Mukti: (Whispered) "Does a man have boobs?"

Aliya widened her eyes and immediately turned her face to meet Mukti's confused expression.

Aliya: (Almost shouted in surprise) "WHAT?"

All the other students turned their faces to that loud reaction. Thankfully, the lecturer didn't come yet. Otherwise, they will definitely be punished for distracting the class. Mukti looked around to see the reaction on everybody's face and smiled. She addressed her classmate with a cool attitude.

Mukti: "Relax...we are just talking. Don't stare at us like aliens."

All knew Mukti's blithe nature and they wobbled in disbelief and again got engaged in their work.

Aliya: (Ground out) "If this is any joke then please choose someone else because I am not in a mood to bear your PJs."

Mukti looked at his phone to know the time and gazed up with a serious face.

Mukti: (In a serious tone) "Even I don't have time to crack PJs. At least not now. Okay, tell me. Can you bunk this class? Because I have to share a lot of things and this classroom has walls and it is said that walls have ears too. So, let's sit outside and discuss."

It's rare to have Mukti in a pragmatic and serious mood and when it happens then she becomes really interesting to listen to. Without any other argument, Aliya bobbed in positive and both the chums came out of the classroom. They straight headed to the ground area and occupied an empty bench. It was an ongoing lecture time so the ground was decently empty.

Aliya: (With a suppressed breath) "Now tell me everything. This suspense is killing me."

Mukti: (Took a deep breath) "Phew...in fact, I couldn't sleep last night. My stomach was churning to tell you everything but then I thought it would be better to share face to face."