Chapter 22- "Comedy of Confusion..."

Mumbai: In a departmental store: 6:30 pm:

Two days passed. However, in these two days, there was not a single minute when Cabir didn't recall Navya. In fact, he was dying to meet her again but the chance was very remote. Being frustrated, he finally decided to approach Aryamaan to talk to Nandini since he got to know about Nandini and Navya's friendly connection. Cabir lifted the basket and started searching for some beverages and wafers. He planned to go straight to Aryamaan. He highly needed someone to discuss Navya and his further plan to push this matter. He halted at the shelf where all the chips, naamkins and instant snacks were kept. It was both sides open self. That means the customers can take their chosen things from both sides. Cabir quickly grabbed some packets of wafers and transferred them to the basket. Suddenly his phone vibrated. He thrust his hand into the pocket but simultaneously forwarded his other hand to grab a packet of naamkin without looking at it. He was surfing his mobile and pulled the packet. However, it didn't come out. He increased the force, still, it remained unmovable. This time he hauled it and it happened what was supposed to happen. The packet was torn and all the things inside it scattered all over the floor. Concurrently a familiar face appeared from the other side.

Navya: (With a highly exasperated face) "YOU!..... I knew it. It only can be a stupid like you. Just look, what have you done!"

She came to this side while Cabir was still staring at her with an open mouth. He didn't understand whether he should be happy to see Navya again or should be vexed to meet her again in a not so pleasing circumstance. The store attendant came near to them hastily.

The Store Attendant: "Sir, Ma'am, you have to pay the cost of this packet because it will be considered as sold."

Navya frowned at him.

Navya: "Why should I? It was his mistake...so he should pay the cost."

Till then Cabir overcame his first shock. And he glared at Navya.

Cabir: (With equal hostility) "It was your fault. When you saw the packet is not coming out easily; what was the need to chase it like a chewing bone?"

At first, Navya didn't notice the word 'chewing bone' and how it is related to a dog. When she fathomed the meaning, she flared her nostrils with rolling eyes.

Navya: "I was chasing it like a chewing bone? YOU...uncultured moron. Do you know how to talk to a girl?"

Cabir: (With same resistance) "Definitely I know but unfortunately you are not a mere girl. You are jinxed. Always brings trouble in my life. But today it is for sure...you are going to pay the bill."

Both began a staredown contest. The attendant became impatient and again said in a meek voice,

The Store Attendant: "Sir, Ma'am...if you please solve the matter outside..."

But he was gagged by a loud scold.

Cabir & Navya: (Together) "SHUT UPPPPP....."

The argument continues and almost all the customers in the store encircled them including the manager. At last, it was settled in a unanimous decision that Cabir and Navya both will pay the half cost that is 2:50 rs for Cabir and 2:50 rs for Navya. The cost of the packet was 5 rs. All witnessed a storm in a teacup. Eventually, Cabir and Navya left the shop glaring at each other and uttering in mind... "I will see you next time." However, Navya didn't notice that Cabir clicked a sneak pic of hers while observing from behind a pillar.

......................................

Nandini's school: Canteen: 6:00 pm:

Nandini glanced at her watch. It was late. Although the school was over at 5 pm Nandini nowadays was to extend for the Drama rehearsal which their school is going to perform in the Interschool competition. It was tiresome sometimes but Nandini was enjoying it. She sipped the coffee. After that, she had to go to Shreya's flat to change into Gattu Singh's getup. Without this, she can't enter their flat. God knows when will this hide and seek game end? She looked at the roof and sighed. After that night when Manik confessed his insecurity and told about Aryamaan's weakness for her; she was very uncomfortable. Although she whiffed it already but thought that her cold attitude and avoidance must have conveyed the message to Aryamaan. However, it seemed that she became relaxed very soon. The entire day Aryamaan was seeking a chance to talk to her and Nandini intentionally kept on avoiding it. It was not that she wasn't feeling bad for him but she is helpless. Suddenly a plan struck her mind. "If I indirectly admit to him that I am in love with someone else?" Her fertile brain beamed with a plan.