Chapter 33 - "Seal the deal..."

Mumbai: In a Mall: Food court: 7:30 pm:

They shook their hands for a couple of seconds and eventually bust in laughter. This fake cordiality was not at all acceptable. Aliya pulled the plate near to her and finally took a bite.

Aliya : (With a mouthful of burger) "This Mall has good brands. This is one of my favourite shopping hunt places."

Soha: "Yup..it seems that we have very much in common like a fetish for shopping, good dress sense and of course the burger...because I am loving it."

She air quoted the tagline. Both again giggled. Aliya peeped at her wristwatch. "It's been quite late. Bhai should have come until now." Her mind reminded her.

Soha: "What happened? Waiting for someone? Date? Boyfriend? Oops sorry...I am unnecessarily being personal. If you want I can change the table. No issues."

She raised her hand in assurance. Aliya smiled embarrassedly. Indeed it is personal but what is a harm to say it to a newly known person. In fact, she started liking this girl.

Aliya: (Smiled) "Nothing like it. Yeah, I am waiting but not for my boyfriend. And it is a date but unfortunately not mine and it is personal but it can be shared with you."

For a moment, Soha became puzzled. Her brows came near in confusion.

Soha: (Showed her hand to Aliya) "Wait..wait...wait...what kind of a riddle is it? It totally flew over my head."

Aliya giggled and budged in her seat.

Aliya: (In a composed tone) "Well...then let me clear it to you. I am waiting for my brother who has come on a date."

Soha: (With wide eyes) "Still not clear. Your brother and his girlfriend came for a date. Then why are you here like a playing gooseberry? Sorry. Perdon my French."

Soha controlled her tongue as she thought it was too blunt. However, Aliya didn't mind because she was very happy to hear the word 'brother's girlfriend'...finally it happened.

Aliya: (Swayed her head in denial) "No need to say sorry. But it is a long story. So cut it short...I was here to protect him but now it is no longer required."

She sighed in relief.

Soha: (Pressed her temples) "Oh God...I think you are fond of riddles. Leave it. I don't want to get into it. Anyway, I have to leave. Thanks for the company."

She got up grabbing her shopping bags when Cabir came restlessly. In excitement, he didn't notice that there is some unknown person with her sister.

Cabir: (In full excitement) "Aloo...mission accomplished. Navya is mine. She smiled at my jokes and when a girl smiles at any boy's joke, that means she is tapped. I am so happy...so happy. But as you said, I didn't ask her about Manik's cook Gattu. Let some days pass then I will ask her, what that cook is cooking? With her and with her boss Manik. I have to crack this threesome puzzle."

Aliya slapped her forehead in mind. How can she control her motor-mouth brother?

Aliya: (Cleared her voice) "Bhai, we will discuss it at home. Now meet my new friend, Soha Sanyal. Thank God she was here. Otherwise, I would have been very bored."

After noticing Soha, Cabir controlled his enthusiasm and greeted her cordially. However, on the other hand, many things were spiralling in Soha's head. "Manik, Navya, Gattu...if these three are connected and if these Manik and Navya are the same people she knows then she has to know more about it." Her mind rapidly calculated.