Chapter 16 - "Naughty Manik..Smitten Cabir."

Shreya's flat: Living room: 10:00 pm:

All were sitting after a light dinner. Manik didn't come yet so Dhruv had to wait for him in Shreya's flat. It was decided that Manik will come over here and they will further go to Manik's flat. Nandini was vexed since she had a word with Manik regarding the party. After that, she didn't call him once. 'His life, his wish. I have better things to do.' Her hostile mode chose to ignore.

Dhruv: (Exasperated)" What the hell Nandu? What rubbish are all these? I mean who puts this kind of condition and who agrees to it? Didn't you both have any other option rather than choosing to stay separately like a bachelor? This is ridiculous."

Nandini:(Sighed in despair) " I know but trust me that time this was the best option as we had hardly any time. But this is not for a long time. We will move together as we get any better place to live."

Shreya: " I know it is a little awkward but trust me Varun is searching for another flat. It's just a matter of some time."

Dhruv: (Smiled as convinced) "Anyway...but where is Bro? Nandu...when will he come back? It's almost 10:30 pm."

In reply, Nandini just pursed her lips showed 'Don't ask me. I hardly care' attitude.

Dhruv: (Turned to Navya) "Navya, when is the party supposed to be over?"

However, Navya didn't pay any heed to his words and kept on biting her nails indicating she was lost in some deep thought.

Nandini: "Navya.....Navya...O... Madhubala...where are you lost?

Her tone was frolic. Navya startled at once and looked at her. Gradually she gauged the tease and rolled her eyes at Nandini.

Navya: (With flared nostrils) "Why did you stop me? I wanted to teach him a lesson. Bloody moron. How dare he call me Madhubala? I am a drama queen? Really? He just said that? You tell me Dhruv, am I a drama queen?"

Navya shifted her question to a confused Dhruv who was thinking 'What should he say? Truth or a sweet lie.' After a brief silence, he decided only to nod in negative. Who wants to make a drama queen upset. However, Navya didn't get fully satisfied and turned to Nandini.

Navya: (With a hopeful smile)"You say Nandini. Do I create unnecessary drama?"

Nandini immediately wobbled in denial which made Navya give a satisfactory smile but it was a short life reaction.

Nandini: (With a poker face) "You don't create drama because you are the drama. The biggest DRAMA QUEEN. I appreciate his sense of humour. He correctly chose the word."

She paused and suddenly laughed her head off while the other two joined her immediately. Navya gaped and suddenly rushed towards Nandini.

Navya: (Yelled) "YO.......UUUUUU."

Nandini leapt up from her seat and ran towards the exit but forcefully banged into someone. She was about to fall when two strong arms grabbed her waist.

Manik: (In a teasing tone) "Easy, Mrs Malhotra. I am here only. I didn't know that you were so eager to meet me and like this! I mean... WOW!"

Nandini looked at his eyes for a moment and at once freed herself from Manik's hold. She gave a 'Dare to come near me' look to Manik and again sat on the sofa. Manik smirked to see her cute anger and approached Dhruv.

Manik: (Tightly hugged Dhruv) "Happy to see you, Bro. We were missing you."

Dhruv: (Patted his back with lots of affection)" Same here, Big Bro. I was dying to come too."