Chapter 4- Finally Mumbai.......!

Mumbai: Shreya's flat: Living room: 1:45 pm

Navya: " Shree, we came over here as per you and your boyfriend's suggestion. In fact, Manik Sir said the same that Varun had told him to say. Now all is up to both of you. Nandini will stay over here till this lie has to be persisted. But you know we can't drag it too long."

Navya took the glass of water from the centre table. They have just had their launch. Four people were sitting in Shreya's flat. Manik and Nandini reached that day while Navya came a day before. One week had been passed after Navya and Shreya discussed the matter of renting the house which Varun suggested. After lots of debate and discussion finally, they came to Mumbai permanently. Manik rented Vishwanath Deshmukh's flat because it was perfect for them. Spacious, airy, reasonable rent and only 15 minutes away from his office. Only that bachelor condition was weird. Needless to say, Manik was not ready at all for this deal initially and was about to say no to Shreya because he found the condition and plan very ridiculous and uncomfortable. And most of all he thought if he couldn't think of staying away from Nandini even for a second, how will he manage to live in a new city without her regular presence? It was Nandini who convinced him. She convinced him that this situation is temporary. They could search for other flats after going to Mumbai. She had a valid point that they didn't have any time left for being choosy. Although the plan was bothering her still she took it as temporary fun. Her giggle and light tone was still resonating in Manik's ear.

Flashback:

Nandini: "Why are you being so indecisive? In fact, you should be excited and happy to get this chance. I mean just imagine who gets this kind of opportunity to live his bachelorhood once again despite being married. If I were in your position I would have enjoyed this fully."

She made a hand gesture that showed a frolic mood. Manik was sitting on the sofa watching tv and flipping channels. Her amusing tone grabbed his attention and he immediately yanked her by pulling her wrist. Nandini swirled in a semicircle and landed on Manik's lap. Manik hugged her tightly and pressed his lips on her ear.

Manik: ( Murmured) " Indeed Mrs Malhotra, you wanna relive your spinster days? I don't mind. In fact, I have a better idea."

Manik grinned mischievously. Nandini turned to him and raised her eyebrows.

Nandini: "What idea?"

Manik: "What if we both can relive our bachelor life? I mean we can again date each other, sneak out and romance like girlfriend - boyfriend. Even better we can do an extramarital affair with each other. Because you know in Mumbai we will be no longer husband-wife. At least in front of people."

Manik winked.

Nandini: "Very good idea Mr Malhotra. I would love to see your loverboy side again."

Manik: "Okay, but what about the naughty and sexy side of mine. Wanna see?"

Manik bit his lower lip.

Nandini: "I don't mind. It will boost up us to maintain our celibacy in Mumbai."

She giggled.

Manik: "Forget that, it's always more fun to romance sneakily."

Present time:

Manik was grinning unmindfully.

Nandini : ( Surprisingly) "What happened? You look very happy. Seems you quite liked our new flat. Unfortunately, I couldn't see it."

Nandini pouted in despair.

Manik: "Yeah, you can say that. I am happy. But not for the flat. But for our exciting upcoming days."

Manik again smiled mischievously.

Manik: (Teasingly) "By the way, that flat is not ours yet. It is only Manik Malhotra's. And I am bachelor you know."

Nandini frowned and was about to reply, Varun entered.

Varun: "Mr Malhotra, we have to go for the agreement sign. Mr Deshmukh invited us at his home."

.........................................

Mumbai: Deshmukh Niwas: Living room: 5: 30 pm:

Aliya, Cabir and Vishwanath were sitting on the sofa.

Vishwanath: "His name is Manik Malhotra. I met him and liked him. He is an architect. Works in a reputed company. Recently relocated in his job. Bachelor and decent. There was no point to say no."

He nodded to Cabir.

Cabir: "Okay, fine if you are convinced. And of course, that guy Varun praised him a lot. Let me meet him too. They are supposed to come in the evening. Isn't it?"

Vishwanath: " Hmmm. 6 o'clock. Ask your Mami to stay. Because she only always has queries and I don't want to be blamed this time.

He whined.

Aloka: "If I would have queried well to your previous tenant unlike you then we would not have needed any new tenant now."

Aloka entered while drying her hands in her saree. This is her pickle making time.

Aloka: "But who cares about my opinion? Everybody is the owner of his own will. My opinion only gains importance when something actually happens. By the way, if you remember, you have already agreed to give your flat to this tenant. Then what is the point to consider my opinion?"

Aloka's 'your flat' sounded alarming to Vishwanath. Aloka sat on the sofa with a thud. Seemed her complaint list about her husband will not finish so easily. Vishwanath looked like "What should I say now?"

Aliya: ( Mumbled) "Bhai, be ready for the evening show. Dad will have a busy time tonight. In fact, he was complaining about his boredom. Now he will hardly get bored."

She giggled.

Cabir: ( Rolled his eyes) "Shhhhhh. Let me enjoy the show."

However, two show spoilers entered in the meantime. Manik and Varun.

.................................

Author's note: The lines in Italic are the thoughts of the character.