Chapter 21- "The confession..."

Shreya's flat: Navya's Bedroom: 7:00 pm:

Navya: (With vexation) "What all these going on Nandini? First of all this weird condition and your decision to stay separately as unmarried individuals and now this drama to stay there in incognito as a Punjabi cook. I mean really?... Can't you both think straight for once?"

Nandini looked at her and winked. She pressed the fake moustache on her upper lip.

Nandini: (In perky tone) "Maybe. But you tell me...if there is no excitement in life..doesn't it become boring? Especially when you are married and you are getting a chance to spice it up."

She adjusted the turban and turned to Navya who was sitting on the bed with a grumpy face.

Navya: (In a teasing tone) "Oh really?...and from when have you become so adventurous or should I guess that you are uttering your mischievous husband's words? Because I know how much he is desperate to keep you with him and this kind of out of the box plan can only come to his mind."

Nandini: (Rolled her eyes) "I am quite adventurous...you just have to explore me deeply. And secondly, this out of the box plan came in Dhruv's head so stop blaming my husband for all things. Thirdly, what is wrong with it if he desperately wants to keep me with him? You are a spinster...how can you feel our pain?

She pouted with pretentious dismay on her face. Navya scrunched her nose to gauge her subtle humour and in the next moment, both of them busted in laughter. Nandini sat on the bed next to Navya and side hugged her.

Nandini: (In a serious voice) "By the way, tell me one thing...for how long have you decided to maintain your celibacy?"

Navya gaped in confusion. Nandini batted her lashes with a grave expression.

Nandini: "No...I mean the way you lay your evil eye on our experimental married life; I am scared of you. You have become a sex-starved girl buddy and I have to do something immediately to pacify you."

Navya stared at her with her O shaped mouth and wide eyes. In the next moment, she started beating Nandini.

Navya: (Yelled) "YOU....menace...I will kill you..you are a mini monster...wife of Manik Monster."

Both were rolling on the bed with giggles and cute banters.

...........................................

Manan Flat: Bedroom: 12:15 am:

Nandini was lying on the bed beside Manik who was facing the other side. Since returning from Deshmukh Niwas Manik didn't talk much. He just wanted to lie down as he told me that he is feeling sleepy. However, Nandini had a doubt. She had an intuition that something is bothering him. Even now when he was breathing heavily like a sleepy sloth, she had a doubt whether he is really sleeping or just pretending. Nandini slowly turned to Manik and rested her hand on his bicep. Manik didn't react and kept on breathing heavily.

Nandini: (Whispered) "I know you are not sleeping. What happened there? Is something bothering you?"

Manik stirred a bit yet neither turned nor responded. Nandini lifted herself a bit and scooted forward to press her lips on Manik's earlobe.

Nandini: (Huskily) "Tomorrow is Saturday. I have an off. Don't you think we are wasting our time by sleeping?"

Manik: (In a sarcastic tone) "You should be sad that tomorrow is your off. You won't be able to chit-chat with your colleagues. What is new about me? From now, you will meet me every day...rather you will tolerate me every day."