Chapter 6 - New hope....

Mumbai: Manik's new flat: living room: 2: 25 pm:

Some packing boxes were scattered here and there. Some were still closed. The flat is fully furnished. Manik and Nandini only had to carry their clothes and personal belongings. Besides these Nandini brought some essential utensils and kitchen appliances. Varun had come to help Manik. Navya and Shreya wanted to come too but Manik and Varun didn't want to take any risk as walls might have ears. They didn't want to show anybody to have any presence of any female in this flat. At least not so soon.

Varun: "We are almost done. I have called two people to install the TV and the cable. Only the kitchen is still to be arranged."

Varun put the books on the self.

Manik:(Unmindfully) "Hmmmm. I will arrange it at night."

He cut the scotch tape of a cartoon box. Varun observed Manik's inadvertence.

Varun: "Missing Nandini? Why don't you call her? In fact, she was a little bit worried too that how will you manage all alone."

Varun sat in front of Manik. Manik bent his head and nodded in approval.

Varun: "Let me get something for refreshment."

He stood up to leave.

Manik:(Grinned) "Thank you Varun. For all your help and support. I am really thankful to you and Shreya."

Manik understood that Varun wanted to give him some privacy so that he can talk to Nandini. It was long 4 hours; they didn't talk to each other. Manik was missing her presence already.

Varun: "Don't say that. We are friends and friends don't thank each other."

Varun smiled and left the room.

..............................

Mumbai: Shreya's flat: Nandini and Navya's bedroom: 3: 05 pm:

Nandini was laying on the bed. A newspaper and a pen were kept beside her. Seemed she was marking something in it. She was thinking about Manik only when her mobile rang.

Nandini: (Worried) "Manik, did you have something? I told you to carry some food. It was almost 4 hours. You must be hungry."

Manik: (Sighed) "What is this Nandu? No I love you, no missing you. Only queries? I called you because I felt like kissing you. Felt like crushing your soft body in my bear hug. Felt like entering your pu..."

Nandini:(Embarrassed)" Stop it. What are you saying? Varun must be there. Have some shame."

She is crimson.

Manik: (Grinning silently) "Why should I. You only asked if I am hungry. So, yes I am hungry but not for the food. You know what I mean to say. And by the way, Varun is not here. So, we can talk freely."

He bit his lower lip.

Nandini: (Bit the inner wall of her cheek)"But you know that from now you have to face this hunger quite often. Even if you starve."

She bit her tongue for teasing him.

Manik: "That's why I found out this way so that we can quench our thirst."

Manik stretched on the sofa.

Nandini: (Confused) "What way?"

Manik: (Whispered) "Phone sex. We can do it if we are not being able to do it in real."

He controlled his laughter to visualise Nanidin's flabbergasted face.

Nandini:(Coughing) "Wh....what? Pho...phon...."

Manik: "Sex. You heard it right baby."

He grinned to imagine her embarrassment but thought to continue to tease her a little more.

Manik: "I know that you know nothing about it but don't worry, I will train you. For example, we can start by appreciating each other's body parts. Like I love your hair the most. Then your eyes, your cheeks, your lips, your neck, your boo..."

Nandini: (In a hurry) "Okay, okay got it. Now please stop."

She started biting her nails in tension. She was thinking of how to divert his attention or else he will continue to tease her.

Manik: (Smiled) "What happened Nandini? We only decided that here we will live like girlfriend-boyfriend and relive our past. I am just trying to add some new spice in it which we missed out in our courtship period. Because you used to be too shy to do all these. But now I think you are quite comfortable being open like this. What you say?"

Nandini:( Shyly) "I think you chose me because you liked my demure nature and I liked you because of your naughty nature. Opposite attracts. What you say?"

She smiled.

Manik: (Smiled and bit his lip)"You always manage to keep my mouth shut. But it doesn't mean I have dropped the plan. Think about it. It will be exciting."

Nandini: (Rolled eyes) "Okay, I will think. But now tell me when will you come for dinner and what have you had till now?"

Manik: (In mind) "Wife mode on. Don't worry I will bring your girlfriend mode out very soon." Varun has gone to get something. Don't worry I will be fine. I think Varun is coming. We will be back around 7 o'clock. The arrangement is all most done. Missing your expert advice. Okay bye. See you."

Manik hung up the call and got up to finish the rest of the work.

............................

Mumbai: Shreya's flat: In the dining table: 10: 15 pm:

Manik: "What is the need to join a job so soon? We can wait for a month until I settle in my new office."

Nandini:(Impatiently) "Manik, just take a look. It will be perfect for me. And don't you want us to stay together? You know that it's very difficult to live decently in an expensive city like Mumbai on a single person's earning. My earning will support us to get out of this inconvenient situation soon. And how long can I live like a guest in a house? I have to search for something. So why not now?"

Nandini drew Manik's attention to a circled advertisement in a newspaper.

WANTED

ENGLISH TEACHER.

For XYZ school

Applicant must possess a Master degree in the relevant subject with at least 2 yrs experience of working in a reputed English medium educational institute. Interview on 5TH May. Interested candidates are requested to forward their CVS, testimonial etc mentioned below.

Chairman Board of Directors

XYZ School

Mumbai

Shreya: "Nandini, you are not a guest in this house. So, don't at all feel awkward staying here. However, I agree with your other point. This is a nice offer. You should try."

Navya: "I second her. You fulfil all the criteria. I am sure you will crack it."

Manik waggled as he realised his defeat in the opinion poll. Nandini was still looking at him for his consent.

Manik: "My office is going to start tomorrow. Meanwhile, I will send them your documents."

A bright smile appeared on Nandini's lips. She needed this confidence. Manik smiled back and winked. Their second day in Mumbai ended with new hope.