Chapter - 35 "They're an item..."

Mumbai: In a posh restaurant: 10:45 pm:

Manik: (Surprised) "Aren't you sad to hear this, that we might leave India permanently?"

Manik became perplexed to see Nandini's cool reaction. Maybe he was expecting some whine and her sulky face. On the contrary, Nandini smiled softly.

Nandini: (Teasingly) "You scared me for a moment. I thought that they put a condition to take Soha with you as your PA. I almost choked."

Manik's jaw dropped in surprise. Is she really that naïve and shy Nandini whom he always teases and she can only stomp in irritation? This Nandini knows how to counter attack with equal rib. But he is Manik Malhotra. How could he let her win so easily?

Manik: (With a poker face) "How can you be relaxed so soon? Soha is still in my office. If I want to do some hanky-panky with her I can do it here also. For that, I don't need to take her to Singapore."

Nandini arched her brows. Today she won't let this tease win. She cut the meat with the knife, pierced it in the fork and put it in her mouth.

Nandini: (With equal compose) "I am not scared of that. I am concerned for you. You being the boss and Soha being your PA is just too dramatic to watch. She will be after your virility and you will be hiding like a timid sexually abused man. Too much for me to control my laughter."

Manik was gaping at her. Nandini was eating the beans Tacos with full concentration.

Manik: "Do you know my celebration is not finished with this meal? I need more."

Nandini gazed up with a frown. Manik almost devoured one-third of the food and now he was saying that he is still hungry. Nandini widened her eyes in disbelieve.

Manik: "Can't you see I didn't order any sweet dish? Because I only prefer to have it at my home."

Nandini was still looking at him, trying to fathom his inner meaning. Gradually her expression turned to tensed one.

Nandini: (With wide eyes) "Noooo"

Manik: (With conviction) "Yessss....tonight I will show you who is timid and who is sexually abused, Mrs Malhotra. You shouldn't have uttered that word. What do you think, your this outfit can compose my adrenaline rush? This dinner was a treat to you from my side as my success party. But what about my treat? You owe this to me. So, full your tummy and let's go home. My urge for dessert is increasing."

In reply,s Manik again received a solid kick under the table but Nandini knew it very well that Manik's celebration did not end here. He gets what he wants. Her heart skipped a beat in the thought.

...............................................

Deshmukh Niwas: Cabir's room: 11:00 pm:

Cabir was loitering on the bed, surfing his mobile. He opened his gallery and the first image flashed on the screen was Navya's. He took this picture sneakily when they last fought in a departmental shop over a silly packet of Nankeen. The thought curved his lips. He caressed the picture. He never thought that within some hours his life will take this big turn. The dream that was till yesterday is a reality today. Cabir glanced at the clock and after some hesitation, opened the contact page to connect the call. After 2-3 rings, an eager voice came into life.

Navya: "Hello...you are still awake?"

Cabir: (With a frolic tone) "I can ask the same question but I can understand the state of your heart and mind. First of all, you are still in shock that how can a handsome man like me propose to you so easily? Secondly, how can he love you after so many fights? And last but not the lease how this love story will proceed?"