Chapter 1- Mumbai calling.....

Delhi: Manan Flat- Bedroom: 6 am:

A partial darkroom was witnessing a very intimate moment of a couple. They were on a king-sized bed. A muscular bareback was getting visible. His broad shoulders and wriggling muscles were proving his huge and stout frame. A Devil tattoo on his back was glittering with sweat beads. Some tiny, fair and fragile fingers were playing with his silky thick hair and occasionally fisting them. A blue sapphire ring was gleaming on her ring finger. Her petite figure was totally engulfed by his giant frame. Both of them were partly enveloped by a silk comforter.

Nandini: "Aaa...hh...Manik... easy. It's hurting."

She hissed and pushed his shoulders a bit.

Manik: "Oh.....Sorry. I got carried over."

He slowed down his pace.

Nandini: " Manik, have you got any positive reply from the brokers?"

She again started playing with his hair.

Manik: "One of them is supposed to call me today. If anything gets finalised, I will let you know."

He lifted his head from her bare chest to answer and again dug it there to recapture his favourite lollipops in his mouth.

Nandini: "We have only 7 days left to get a decent home. A new city a new life will begin. Are you excited or upset?"

She pulled his face up from her chest.

Manik: "Both. Excited because my new job will be full of challenges and upset because we have to leave our home city, our friends and our memories. But I can be happy anywhere if you are with me. I know you have to leave your job for me and I am really feeling guilty of it."

He hid his face in the crook of her neck.

Nandini: (By lifting his face up with both hands....) "You never need to feel guilty. I am very happy about your growth in your career. If it demands it then I am ready to sacrifice anything but I can't live without you......... Because I LOVE YOU."

She looked through his eyes and pulled his head nearer to engulf his lips for a passionate kiss.

After a breathless kiss, they withdrew.

Manik: " I love you too. But right now I am loving it more."

He started kissing her neck, collarbone and upper chest. His slow up-down movement again picked up the pace.

Nandini: "Ummm...m....aa...hh..h.... Manik... you c.a..n ne...ve...r ch..a..n...ge.....Aa...hhhh."

She waggled her head in pleasurable pain.

Nandini: "I..ss....sss... You are SA...A..VAA...GEEE."

She hissed when Manik deeply bit one of her teats.

Manik: "You make me savage and wild."

He grabbed her hands, pinned them down and continued his favourite work.

...............................................

Delhi: Manik's office cabin 7 pm:

Manik: "Yeah, yeah, I need this near my office. Two bedrooms are preferable but the locality should be good. Faisal Bhai it's almost three weeks. Next week I have to move. Please arrange something as soon as possible."

He tapped his index finger on the glass table.

Faisal ( Property dealer): " Manik Bhai. Why are getting worried? No fear when I am there. I had words with some landlords and I am negotiating with rent. They will confirm with me by evening and I will let you know. You know that in Mumbai everything can be easily available instead of decent shelter. And you have so many criteria. But don't worry I will manage."

Manik: " Faisal Bhai, my all criteria are very normal. The flat should be near my office, it should be airy and well lit and of course, the rent should not cross my budget. Okay then, let me know the result of your effort. After that, I will confirm you."

Faisal( Property dealer): " Okay Bhai."

Manik cut the call and picked the intercom up.

"Navya please come in my cabin and get the ' Khurana's file'."

After some time a knock was heard in Manik's cabin.

Manik: "Come in."

Navya entered with a bright smile.

Navya: "Good evening sir. This is the file. I have checked it and highlighted the quotation portion."

Manik: "Good evening. Navya you are also being transferred to Mumbai, so have you already arranged your staying?"

Navya: "Sir I have my cousin in there. I will be staying with her. Have you got any flat Sir? "

Manik: "Not yet. That is the problem. And my joining date is getting closer. Whatever I am getting, either it is too small or very far from the office. If everything goes perfect then the rent exits my capacity. You know, Nandini also had to leave her job. So we have to manage our finance also. I don't know what to do."

Manik threw the pen in exasperation.

Navya: "I know Sir, in Mumbai, it is very difficult to get a decent flat for a couple in decent rent. Ironically it is much easier for the bachelors. They take 3 or 4 bedrooms flats and share it with 6 or 7 people. The whole rent is divided among them equally. So there is no extra burden on any individual."

Manik: "Now I can't be a bachelor again to get this facility, so have to think otherwise."

He rubbed his palms together and profusely grinned.

Navya: "You are very funny Sir. Sir, will Nandini Mam be at home today in the evening? I have to meet her."

She smiled.

Manik: "At first, Nandini is your friend, so you need not address her as Ma'am. Not even in front of me. Secondly, you have your Smartphone and I am sure her number must be saved in it. So why don't you ask her directly?"

Navya: "Sorry Sir, I will call her."

She became a little embarrassed.

Manik was looking at her with a pretentious grumpy face but in the next moment grinned profusely.

Manik: " I was just joking Navya. You are most welcome. But wait for me. We will go outside for dinner together."

Navya smiled brightly.

Navya: " Ok Sir. Thank you so much. Anything else Sir?"

Manik: "No, you can leave now."

Navya: " Okay Sir, Thank you."

She left the cabin. Manik leaned backwards to his revolving chair and shut his eyes. It was a hectic day for him and this 'rent a house' made him mad now. Mumbai is calling but how everything will be managed seemed a big challenge for him.