Chapter 17 - " An unusual rendezvous..."

Manik's flat: The messy kitchen: 8:00 am:

Manik: (Annoyed) "SHIT....there is no milk in the fridge. Dhruv... Bro, you take the bath. I will be back in 5 minutes."

He shouted while Dhruv entered with a towel slinging from his shoulder.

Dhruv: (With teasing tone) "Now you understood what mistake you have done to agree to that stupid condition? Admit that you can't live a single day without Nandu. You seem like a stupid bachelor....always complains about life."

Manik: (Rolled eyes) "Who said I am denying this? I am totally incomplete without her. But right now it's not the time to repent rather go to the shop and get some packets of milk. Don't close the front door. I will be back before you finish your bath."

Manik thrust the wallet in his pocket and stormed out.

Dhruv: (Murmured) "Bhai and his never-ending rush. Let's go Dhruv...take a relaxing bath. After that, I have to go to meet Nandu."

He entered the common bathroom.

..................................................

In front of Manik's flat: 8:15 am:

Aliya: (With hesitance) "The door is open. He must be inside. I rang the bell twice but got no response. Should I get inside and check?"

With murmuring those words she hesitantly stepped in. She looked around for Manik but couldn't find anybody. Suddenly the bathroom door opened and Dhruv got out drying his wet hair. He was only in the towel wrapped around his waist. As he was drying his hair with a towel, he didn't notice Aliya who was watching him with wide surprised eyes.

"Oh...thande thande pani se

Nahanaa.. chahiyeeeee...

thande thande pani se

Nahana chahiyeeee...

Gaana aye yah na aye

Gaana chahiyee....

"Are gaana aye yah na...."

The lyrics suppressed in his throat when he finally noticed her.

Dhruv: (Stammered) "You...you..how..how did you..co..come inside? Who..who are you...?

He miserably tried to hide his bare body with the tiny towel.

Aliya recovered the first shock and frowned.

Aliya: (Suspiciously) "Door was open. But I rang the bell twice. Where is Mr Manik? Who are you?"

Aliya stepped forward in a hostile mood. Dhruv tried to enter the bedroom but due to his wet feet, he slipped and fell flat on his back.

Dhruv: (Whined) " OUU...CH...my back..."

Dhruv's face made her split her sides. She kept on laughing by clutching her belly while Dhruv was observing her beautiful face. He was spellbound. His reverie broke when he noticed Aliya's hand was forwarded to him. He held it and stood up in any way. However, it seemed that his bad luck was still haunting him. In a blink of an eye, the towel which was covering his lower portion slipped down. Thank god he was wearing his briefs. With a shock, Aliya glanced at his lower portion and immediately looked at him with wide eyes. They were still holding their hands. Suddenly Dhruv pulled back his hands and palmed his face. It was too much for him to confront her anymore. Suddenly a voice scandalised them.

Manik: (With popped up eye) "What is happening here?"

..................................