Chapter 31- "Brave deserves the fair..."

Deshmukh Niwas: Aliya's room: 9:00 pm:

Aliya was lying on the bed, loitering and chatting with Dhruv when Cabir came and sat beside her. Aliya looked at her big brother. Her forehead creased as Cabir was not in his usual teasing or funny mood. She immediately typed: "Call you tomorrow. Cabir Bhai is here. Love you...Good night." In return, she got some kissing emojis. With a content smile, she put down the phone.

Aliya: (In an affectionate voice) "Bhai, you didn't tell me...when is your that BLIND DATE?"

She uttered the words dramatically but it didn't affect Cabir's pensive mood.

Cabir: (In unmindful tone) "Tomorrow evening."

Aliya: (Sat on the bed squarely) "Wow, you must be nervous and excited at the same time?"

She tried to pull out Cabir of his unusual shell. Cabir looked at her and gave a formal smile.

Cabir: "Hmmmmm...."

Aliya: (Frowned) "What hmmmm?.....What happened Bhai? Why are you so quiet? Did that Chota Sardar elope with your Madhubala?....Ha...ha...ha..."

Her laughter jolted by Cabir's next question.

Cabir: (With a hesitance) "Aliya....ummm...have you...I mean you and Dhruv...have you both ever got...phy...physical until now?"

His words left her ears red and hot. Although both the bro-sis duo are very frank and comfortable with each other they never discussed this type of topic in past. There must be something wrong that impelled her brother to cross the line. Aliya swallowed her saliva and got ready to encounter the question.

Aliya: (In a composed tone) "Bhai, I don't know why are you asking this question but you can trust me, I haven't crossed my line and won't do it in future."

Cabir immediately turned at her and placed his hand on her shoulder.

Cabir: (In a guilt drenched voice) "Aloo, don't take me wrong. I have full faith in you but I just wanted to know if Dhruv...I mean does he have a natural attraction to you?... I mean towards a woman?"

For a couple of moments, Aliya kept on blinking her eyes at her brother with her 'O' shaped open mouth. She couldn't believe her ears or it is his one of the usual teases. But Cabir's serious expression compelled her to change her thought. He was actually serious.

Aliya: (In a potent voice) "Bhai, what happened? Why are asking these weird questions? Of course, he has...okay, let me reveal, we have kissed several times and he is a good kisser. Now, are you satisfied that he is very much into me?"

Cabir: (In a hapless tone) "But I have a doubt about Manik after whatever I saw in the morning."

Aliya arched her brow so that Cabir continues the topic.

Cabir: "Aloo, this Gattu Singh is after our life. He has a connection with everyone who is connected to us. When Arya said about that Chota Sardar and Navya; I didn't give too much importance to that matter and found out that the Chota Sardarji is none other than our tenant Manik Malhotra's cook. After that, I had some doubts that why should Navya become so friendly with a caretaker of her boss? And not only friendly...according to Arya she was kissing his cheeks. Now that seemed a bit weird to me but now I have witnessed a weirder scene. Navya was only kissing him but Manik was roaming in his house having Gattu in his lap. I mean...really? Is he so much important in everybody's life?"

For a moment Aliya became statue with her popping eyes and gaped mouth and in the next moment, she rolled over the bed with a riot of laughter. Cabir kept on watching her with a perplexed face. He didn't expect that this serious problem could be a piece of joke. After some time Aliya controlled her bout and thought to clear her doubt.