First Names

Sugawara's POV

I open my eyes and yawn. I look up and see Daichi sleeping peacefully, he's out. I slowly squirm out of his arms and replace myself with a pillow.

I hear a loud dish fall downstairs, which makes me flinch. I comb out my hair with my hands as I sluggishly walk downstairs.

"Oh, good morning Sugawara! How'd you sleep?"

"Uhm- great actually. Is everything okay?" There was multiple plates smashed on the floor.

"Yeah, I just accidentally dropped them from the cabinet." I look up at the shut cabinet and nod my head. Odd. I look at the table and see a full breakfast on it. It made my stomach a little queasy. Way too early in the morning.

"Where's Daichi?" I look back at the women, sweeping up the mess.

"Oh- he's still asleep."

"May you go wake him up? Tell him it's time to eat." I nod my head with a smile, "Yes, Ma'am."

"Call me Sora, sweetie."

"Kōushi...uhm...you can call me Kōushi." She nods as I race up the stairs. I enter the room and shut the door. I lay on top of Daichi, "Daichi! Wake up!" I laugh as he rubs his eyes. His arms wrap around me, "Five minutes."

"That'll turn into an hour! Sora told me to tell you breakfast is ready." Daichi grunts as he gets up, he kisses me. I smile before I skip out the room, down the stairs.

———————

Daichi's POV

I feel a light weight get on top of me I feel myself smile as I rub my eyes.

"Daichi wake up!" I wrap my arms around the thin figure on top of me. His laugh ringing in my ears.

"Five more minutes."

"That'll turn into an hour! Sora told me to tell you breakfast is ready!" Sora? My mom's first name? I get up and kiss him. He smiles at me before skipping out the room.

———————

As we sit at the table, my mom begins bringing more food on the table. I look over at Suga and he's looking at the table, probably stressed out.

I lean over and say, "you don't have to eat everything, my mom has a habit of over-cooking and just putting leftovers in the fridge." Suga nods. His shoulders go down and he seems to calm down.

"Thanks you for the food." Suga smiles as my mother nods, "your welcome, Kōushi." I turn my head and look at Suga, probably a confused look on my face. Suga laughs as he pats my shoulder.

"Why can't I call you Kōushi?" Suga gets a large spoonful of rice, but still small enough for him to finish.

"Because, you already call me-" my mom walks back and places more rice down.

"Because?"

"Because you already call me Sugar." He puts a small portion of eggs on his plate.

"Yeah, but that's nothing! I've never heard anyone say your first name before."

"And that's because I'm fine with you just calling me that nickname." He shrugs, breaking up his rice.

"But I think-"

"If he's fine with you just calling him Suga or whatever, than don't pressure him to give you permission to call him by his first name."

"How'd you do it mom? How long have you known Suga? Less than 12 hours?"

"Yep. It's all a process, Daichi." I look at Suga, picking at his food with a fork before grabbing a small piece and placing it in his mouth.

"Can I talk to you, Daichi?" Suga whispers and I nod, "hey, mom? Give us a minute." Suga and I walk outside.

"I can't eat..."

"What do you mean? Is everything okay?"

"Yeah, yeah, it's just...I can't eat in front of other people...besides you." Suga's breathing quickens, "hey, it's all okay. We can just dump it...my mom has plenty more food anyways." Suga still looks down.

"I-I just feel bad because she broke over 3 plates this morning and was probably up super early just to make it..."

"It's okay, Suga. You don't have to eat right now." I hug him and he wraps his arms around me.

"Now, we should go back inside before my mom worries."

The only things that I can do is not force him to eat but help him eat little by little everyday. I don't want him to feel uncomfortable.

We walk through the door and already find the table clean.

"Sora! You could've asked me to help! You didn't have to do that!"

"No, no. You're a guest, I could never ask anything of you. I have to go to work, it was great seeing you, Kōushi."

"You too, Sora." Suga waves.

"Bye mom." The door shuts behind her.

"It's impossible to just be your friend, you know that?" Suga nods, "yep. Just a little."

———————

3:30 pm

As the next movie ended I turned off the tv. Suga fell asleep through half of it and instead of watching it, I was staring at him. He seemed more peaceful in his sleep. He didn't look stressed or constantly in anxiety. He looked calm. Like, he had nothing to worry about. I wrap my arms around his slim waist and sigh.

"...I love you so much..." I whisper as I slowly fall asleep.

Sora's POV

I unlock the door and open it and find Daichi and Kōushi on the couch together. Both of them were asleep, peacefully.

I smile lightly as I place my things down. I grab a blanket and cover them up with it.

I always knew Daichi's choices but this one surprised me. This one made him happy and it shows. Daichi was never one that was attracted to girls or was happy with them. At breakfast, I couldn't stop glancing over at the two, whispering and laughing.

Maybe I'll take a nap too. It is only 3:45.

Maybe Sugawara is my hope that Daichi will keep pushing.

——————————
Mdndndndn we love a loving mother 😬

Words- 1000

Finished- September 21, 2020

Vote

Comment

Share

...

-Ollie : )