What a Day

Sugawara's POV

"That's insane. Your middle school sounds so fun." I smile as we continue walking down an unfamiliar street that I've never been on in Miyagi. I've been living in Tokyo up until dad died last year, then my mom decided that getting a new job somewhere else was the way to go.

"Mine was..." I chuckle, "actually pretty mean, well to me anyway. I doubt you'd get picked on. I mean, I was-"

"You were bullied?" I nod my head, "for a while actually. But out of point, you would've liked my school...you'd actually be one of my bullies." I tease, smiling to make sure he doesn't worry but I look up to him and his expression hasn't changed. I shrugged, "hey, if you're worried, I'm fine."

"And fine is a dirty four letter word that starts with f." He rolls his eyes, continuing to walk next to me, he insisted to walk on my right, closest to the road.

"Sorry. I just don't get how someone could bully you." This makes heart rise onto my face, I turn and look to the side, "hey look! A squirrel-"

"No, Suga, I'm serious. What did they do?" I glance over at him and see his concern, still on his face.

"Maybe if you stop staring at me, I'll tell you." I tease, he quickly looks away, "s-sorry!"

"I don't know why, actually. Some of the stuff they said would probably explain it but after my 3rd year in middle school, I just filtered it out." I sigh, "part of it was my pale skin,my weight,my hair,my eyes,my voice, but when actions were involved then my mom and dad started getting worried." I smile, remembering what my dad said. I start tearing up, I haven't properly been able to cry yet. As soon as Daichi looks at me, I blink them away.

"How about we just find that cafe and stop talking, yeah?" I look over at him as I walk ahead.

'They're only mean because you're unique, kid. And someday, when I'm gone, I'll haunt all of them forever. I promise' I breathe in and out, trying to calm myself. I start laughing, imagining my dad actually haunting them now. I feel a tap on my shoulder which makes me fall out of that state.

"Oh okay, you're not crying...why are you laughing?" I shake my head, "it's nothing, just a thing I remembered." Daichi nods, afraid he might intervene too deeply.

"Look! Is that the one!" I ask, pointing at a small roadside cafe. He nods as he pulls me into there.

"Hey, Daichi!" The female waitress smiling, biting her lip and peeking up her breasts a little, making me uncomfortable. I look down at my feet and play with my fingers.

"Hey, Azu! 2 seats today." I feel her gaze instantly fall onto me. I look up and see all her peppiness fade.

"Alrighty! Right this way!" Leading us to a booth by the window. The view was beautiful. The cherry blossoms are beginning to grow.

"Here's your menus and just call me when you need me, Dai-Chan!" Daichi nods. As soon as she walks away and he sighs.

"I see that you just love her so much." I tease, he looks up at me and laughs.

"She's all yours, Suga."

"Like I would date a girl." My eyes widen as I realize what I said, "...a girl like that." I mentally face palm as I quickly look back at the menu.

"There's so much...I don't know what to choose." I smile, changing the subject immediately. I can't let him know. He's my only friend. He just nods, accepting the fact that I don't want to talk about it, "yeah, their coffee is to die for."

"I'm more of a tea person." I laugh.

"Their green tea is really good." I nod, "I'll get that then." He smiles at me and as soon as we hear Azu's voice, we stop.

"Hey, Dai-Chan!~ do you have your order?" Daichi nods, "yeah, uhm Suga? Do you want to go first?"

"Oh uhm- just a green tea will be okay."

"Are you sure you don't want anything to eat? You're just skin and bone."

"Uhm no- it's okay."

"I can call the hospital if you have an eating dis-"

"He said he's fine, Azua."

"Come on Dai-Chan! You have to agree with me! Why do you care anyway? It's not like he's your-"

"Boyfriend. He's my boyfriend." I feel the heat of my face rise. I can't face this situation.

"Prove it." Azu says, defensive.

"Okay." Daichi grabs my chin before mouthing 'I'm sorry...'

I was going to ask for what but then I feel his lips crash onto mine. Sparks were everywhere. The scenery felt different, everything went dark and the only light there was, was Daichi. My heart felt like it was enlarging, making it hard to breathe. He took my first kiss...

And it felt...wonderful.

———————————

Woah...the first day of school was BONKERS

WORDS- 850

FINISHED- September 8, 2020

Vote

Comment

Share

...