Truths and Lies

Sugawara's POV

I grab Daichi's hand as take a deep breath as we walk closer to the cafe door.

"Are you okay?" I shake my head, "nervous..." his grip around my hand gets tighter, "don't be. It's okay." I nod my head as he opens the door for me, "thank you."

——————

"Mom, I..I don't want to go back to Tokyo."

"Look, Suga, I know you have bad memories, but it's a whole new school! It'd be great."

"Yeah...a new school with people from middle school."

"Sugawara." I grip Daichi's hand tighter, my alternative instead of flinching.

"You are going to this school with your cousin."

"Imaki! Are you kidding?"

"Sugawara." My mother says sternly. I look down, giving up.

"Uhm..Ms. Sugawara, it isn't a bother if he stays with us. I really don't think he wants to go." Daichi explains, my mother snaps her attention towards him, "I'm sorry, Daichi. But he needs to come back."

"I don't think-"

"Daichi.." he smiles lightly at my mother, getting the hint that I want him to be quiet.

"Mom...I don't think I want to go back.."

"Why not?"

"I don't want to relapse, I don't want to be in the same place I...was."

"You aren't going to! Sugawara. You are going to Tokyo in two weeks and that's final." My mother says sternly. We sit there in silence, the tears in my eyes starting to form. I think Daichi noticed this.

"Do you want to go?" He whispers and I nod, getting up, "we're going to go. Here's the money to pay. Thanks." Daichi slightly smiles, placing the money on the table.

"Let's go." He grabs my hand again and leads me out the cafe quickly.

—————

"Can we just forget that our first kiss happened in that cafe, in that seat?" Daichi jokes, causing me to chuckle.

"There's that smile! I got it." He gives me a cheeky smile and I shake my head, laughing.

"We can also forget that you only kissed me to let Azu back off."

"I can in fact say, that's when I got feelings for you."

"That long ago?"

"It was 5 months ago." I smile brightly before looking down at my walking feet, "how come you always make me smile?"

"It's my job. It makes me happy." I could feel a small feeling of heat on my face, my excuse would be the sun.

"And I would do it for years." I look at him and shake my head, "how do you say this cheesy stuff without getting flustered?" Daichi shrugs before wrapping his arm around my shoulder.

"I don't know. Maybe because everything I say is true."

"Shut up." I nudge him slightly as we both laugh. He really took my mind off if things...in two weeks I'm going to be gone. Out of Miyagi.

————————————

Daichi's POV

"I'm going to head to bed." Suga yawns, wrapping his arms behind me, as a hug.

"Okay, sleep well." I smile.

"Goodnight, Sora."

"Goodnight, Kōushi." My mom smiles at him. As soon as we hear the bedroom door close we decide to say what we've been wanting to say...or ask.

"How many weeks?"

"Two..."

"Two! Holy! That's so close! Why so soon?"

"..we kind of got her upset."

"Both of you?" I nod my head, "yeah..three months extended down to two weeks...I don't know what I'm going to do." I groan.

"There's something called a video call, Daichi. And you'll still get to see him every weekend."

"I know...but that doesn't feel..."

"Look, I know it must be tough since this is your first real relationship after Michimiya, but it'll help you grow."

"Fine..."

"Now, go to sleep, you have school tomorrow."

————————

I lay in bed, staring at the ceiling. Two hours already went by. I sigh to myself before getting up.

I walk into Suga's room to find his asleep. I try to slowly crawl over on the bed, not trying to wake him up, but instead he gets up quickly, causing us to bump our heads together.

"Ouch...Daichi? What are you doing? It's 11 pm..." he groans, laying back down.

"I know, I know, I can't sleep."

"I'm not you're mom.." he jokes, tiredly as I laugh.

"Just go back to sleep, Sugar."

"Already on it..."

I'm going to miss this...a lot. I won't feel his warmth. I won't be able to just see him whenever I want. Because he's going to be miles away. Possibly playing with another volleyball team.

Suga...

————————-End of chapter————————

HI!!!! Okay okay, so this is a short chapter but it's okay.

Song recommendation- All I want-Kodaline

Words: 780

Finished: October 2, 2020

Vote

Comment

Share

...

-Olive