Distant

Daichi's POV

"M-Michimiya!" She wraps her arms around me and I do the same. As we pull away i smile, "what are you doing here? It's-"

"I'm on my way!" I turn back to see Suga looking back at me before racing towards two other players. I silently sigh as I smile towards the girl in front of me.

"Well, I tried a different school for a couple months and it didn't really work out."

"Really? I'd do anything to get out of Miyagi." Yui Michimiya. My middle school crush. Seeing her again brought back a lot of memories.

"Well, Tokyo was not my drift."

"I've been hearing that a lot lately..." I whisper to myself. I look back and see Suga smiling with the two other players.

"Hey! Are you okay?" Michimiya hits my arm and I nod my head, snapping out of my gaze.

"O-Oh! Yeah, yeah I'm fine."

———————

Sugawara's POV

"I'll be right back." I smile as I try to race over to Daichi, before seeing a girl. About our age, pretty, brunette,tan,and she looked very athletic and built. As soon as she wrapped her arms around him I just wanted to race up there,grab Daichi, and go home.

"Hey, Sugawara! You coming?"

"I'm on my way!" I shout back, which seemed to get Daichi's attention. I missed that attention a lot. I didn't mean to be so busy. But it's the last week of school...everything should go back to normal again soon. Right?

...I hope so..

————————

I walked to Daichi's house alone again. This seemed to be the new normal. Whether that was because he left early or because I left late...

I walk into the doorway and take off my shoes. I look up and see Daichi leaning on the wall, facing his mom in the kitchen before turning his attention to me. I wave lightly before walking over to him. He grabs my waist with one arm and pull me towards him, kissing my temple, "how was your day?" He whispers, I nod and smile.

"Hello, Kōushi, how was your day?" Sora looks up from cooking.

"It was okay." I smile before looking down at my feet.

"You've been getting here a lot later than usual." I nod again, looking up, "yeah, I guess if you're in the hospital for a week, you have a lot to catch up on." I could feel Daichi's eyes on me.

Thudump

Thudump

"Uhm- can you call us down when it's time to eat?" Sora nods as both Daichi and I race upstairs.

"Nice excuse, Suga." Daichi jokes and I shake my head, "it's not really a lie either. I do have a lot of work." I shrug.

He sits down on his bed and I rest my head on his lap. We lay their silence.

"It seems you made a new friend as well." Daichi seemed shocked that I was the first one to talk.

"Michimiya? I've known her since middle school." I nod my head, "she just came back from Tokyo. I haven't seen her since our last year of middle school."

"So over 7 months ago?" Daichi nods his head in return. I turn onto my back so I can face up at Daichi. He grabs my loose bangs and move them behind my ear.

"I miss you." I say straightforwardly. But it caused him to smile, a bright smile.

"How? You still see me everyday." He chuckles, I feel my face heat up, "I-I know but..having so many people talk to you is tiring. I just miss...you being my only friend."

"Ouch." He jokes, making an offended face before smiling.

"No I mean- stop teasing me."

"Sorry, Sugar. It's just really fun." After a moment of silence, I hear him silently sigh, "I miss you too."

"You're not really a fan of me getting friends either, huh?"

"I don't want to seem like-"

"I don't like it either." I could head Sora shout from downstairs, it didn't seem like he heard but I did. I sat up, "we should head downstairs."

"What do you-"

"She's been shouting to us two-"

"Hurry up or it'll be gone before either of you are down here!"

"Three times now." Daichi smiles and we head downstairs to eat.

——————————

"Are you going to sleep in the guest room again?"

"I'll be up earlier so I think so. I wouldn't want to wake you." I explain as we stop in front of the guest door. I look up at him and sigh silently to myself. I kiss him lightly, "goodnight."

"I really don't want to go."

"After this week, I promise." I say quietly and he nods. I shut the door and sigh to myself once again. This was tiring. I really didn't want to say no...

Sora's POV

They've been distant. They tried acting normal but...it wasn't. As soon as Suga walked in, he looked tired or upset. It was awkward...

I knock on Daichi's door, "come in..."

"How are you doing?" I sit at the foot of his bed as he lays there.

"Not great..."

"You're jealous." I say, looking forward.

"No...I just miss when I was his only friend..."

"What do you mean?"

"I mean..." he sighs, "I mean that..he's been 'busy' because he's making a ton of new friends. And..."

"And you feel like you're getting more distant with him." Daichi nods, "I don't even know why either..."

"Just give it time. By the next semester, things should be about next to normal."

"Okay..."

"Hey, how about we all just take tomorrow off. It'll be great!"

"No...it's okay. We can go another time."

"Fine." I tease as I get up and ruffle his hair.

"Don't give up on him quite yet." I say before walking out the room. I looked over at the guest room and the light that was coming out of the bottom of the door turned off.

Distance isn't the best...is it?

Nope...it's not.

—————————————

Have you ever cried and didn't know why? Because I just woke up crying and I don't even know why-

Anyways-

Words- 1030

Finished: September 28, 2020

Vote

Comment

Share

...

-Ollie