Time

Before I start, who's POV do you guys like to read more? Daichi's or Suga's? Just a curious question.

———————
Sugawara's POV

"Soo...you're birthday is coming up?" I look up at Daichi, who had a sly smile on his face. I furrow my eyebrows and nods, "yeah...but please don't do anything! I-I don't really enjoy parties..." he shrugs, "I had a clue you didn't. But I did get you gifts and a surprise."

"A surprise?" I raise an eyebrow, trying to stop myself from smiling. This is my first birthday without dad. I just want to lay in bed all day and mourn if I had a choice.

"Mhm, I think you'll like it." We start walking down the park we slow danced in. I don't know how to explain the feelings I had in words. It felt magical, like it was planned. It was as if he knew what song would play,at that time,and that place.

————————

"I'll see you tomorrow." Daichi places his forehead on mine, I nod, "yeah...I'll see you tomorrow." He gives me a small peck on the lips and smiles. I wave goodbye before shutting the door again.

Imaki was on the couch, passed out. I take off my shoes and quietly place them on the floor, slowly walking up the stairs.

I shut my door and go to pick up Lollie. I sit down and pet her gently.

"I got you over a year ago, isn't that crazy?"

"No, what's crazy is I'm talking to a lizard..." I sigh, putting her back in the tank. She instantly runs over under her heat lamp and lays down. I smile down and sit back in the chair.

————12 am————

Beep beep

I sluggishly open my eyes and turn around, picking up my phone from the bedside.

"Happy birthday, Sugar : ) I can't wait to spend the day with you!" I feel myself smile as I shut off my phone, trying my best to go back to sleep.

Daichi's POV

(9 am)

I stand at our usual stop, right at the end of the street,holding his birthday bags in my hand.

9:05 am.

Maybe he's just a little late...

9:10 am.

I sigh and give him a call,which left to a voicemail, "Hey,Suga...if we just need different times, just tell me. I'm still waiting, alrighty...bye." I start becoming impatient, tapping my foot.

9:25 am.

Still nothing...I start giving up, contemplating whether or not I should just leave.

9:30 am.

"Hold up! I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry! I-I got stuck with family-" Suga breathes heavily, putting his hands on his knees,trying to catch his breath. I nod and look at the time.

"You didn't get my voice mail I'm guessing?" He tilts his head, confused before he starts digging in his bag.

"O-Oh right! I-I broke my phone this morning, I'm a little clumsy." He awkwardly laughs, showing me the shattered phone.

"Oh alright, so shall we go?" I ask, putting out my hand for him to take. "Gladly." He grabs my hand and we walk to our destination. A mountaintop view of Miyagi.

——————

I give him the gift I had in my hand. He smiles, "thanks." I nod as he slowly take off the tissue paper, handing them to me.

"No way! Where'd you find this!?" Suga smiles, brings out the Bug Star #1 Record Vinyl.

"It took a while but I got it." After he brings out a few other things stashed in the gift he gives me a hug.

"You didn't have to get me so much! Thank you!" I smile, patting his back, "I could've gotten more, you're welcome but we're not done."

"Oh no.." Suga playfully worries as I bring out another gift, wrapped in crow wrapping paper. Suga laughs as he sees the wrapping.

"Nice touch, Daichi." He grabs it reluctantly, finally opening it.

"I-I can't accept this! How much did this cost!?" He hits my arm with willing strength. I put my hand on my arm and laugh.

"That's a secret I'll never have to tell." I smile. He jumps up and hugs me again, wrapping his legs around my waist. I nudge my head in the crook of his neck, hugging back, taking in the scent of vanilla once again.

"I didn't have a record player but didn't want to say anything...I've always wanted one! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!" He thanks me again. He pulls away, but his hands are now around my neck, mine on his waist.

"Was that the surprise?" I shake my head, "no, not yet." He smiles, biting his lower lip. I press my lips onto his, just like this was natural.

After we picked up all the trash and everything, we headed back down to town. I looked at the time, 11:01 am. We were up there for over 2 hours!

———————

5 pm.

He hugs me tightly as we stand outside his front door.

"Thank you so much for today."

"Of course. But your surprise is in a couple seconds." I was really about to do this...

"What do you mea-"

"Suga...will you be my boyfriend?"

Will...you...

—————————
REEEEEEEEEEE SHORT CHAPTER!!!!!!! HAPPY BIRTHDAY BOKUTOOOO!!!!!!!!

Words- 900

Finished- September 20

(Also match up the timeline. School's in Japan, typically start on April 7th. Suga's birthday is June 13, soooo they've known each other for 3 months.)

Vote

Comment

Share....

-Ollie