Attention

Daichi's POV

"Soo...Daichi is single again?" Kuroo asks, I furrow my eyes and look at him, confused, "no! We're still together!" Kuroo puts his hands up, "okay, okay, jeez. But isn't that difficult?"

"Of course it's difficult, Rooster-Chan." I shake my head, "can we just-"

"No!" Asahi,Kuroo, and Oikawa shout at me at the same time.

"So you haven't seen him at all?"

"No, we still see each other often but...I don't know. I don't feel great."

"Maybe something happened to him." Kuroo says casually, we all look over at him, confused.

"What? Isn't that like a thing soulmates feel when-"

"We aren't- no, we aren't- argh! I'm going home."

————————
Your call has been forwarded to an automatic voice message system...

Ugh! That's the fifth time tonight. Maybe he's busy? Let's try again in an hour.

Your call has been forwarded...

2 hours?

Your call has-

5 hours?

Your call-

It's no use. It's already too late of night. I sigh as I shut off my phone.

Sugawara's POV

I wake up in a hospital room. Another IV in my arm, another liquid food injector,another white splashed room. I roll onto my side, groaning in pain. My phone turns on and there was several notifications from Daichi...dammit.

Your call has be forwarded to an automatic-

I sigh, which hurt my stomach a lot. Any little bit of movement hurt.

Ding

4:40 pm.

I reach for my phone, making sure not to move to much. Daichi...

D- Hey, is everything okay?

Sent as 7:45 pm two days ago.

S- Daichi?

D- Suga? Is everything okay?

I smile at his concern, forgetting the pain that was in my stomach, the numbness of my arm seem to fade.

S- not really.

D- what's wrong?

S- how long did I not respond to you?

D- two days...

S- I'm sorry..

D- can I come see you tomorrow?

Tomorrow? Friday.

S- don't you have school?

D- I guess, but it isn't as important as you.

S- I mean you can but I'm afraid that you wouldn't really like where I am at the moment.

D- where are you?

I contemplate whether or not to tell him. Would it bother him?

S- I'm in the hospital

Seen at 5:03 pm. It's 5:23 pm. I bothered him...

The pain in my body beginning to come back. I pull the cold blanket over my shoulder and sigh to myself. I hear the door open, expecting to see a nurse, I didn't look up. The person knocks on the door before even talking, I finally look up to see Daichi.

"D-Daichi...?" He faces over me, wrapping his arms around me. I didn't mind the pain. I wrap my arms around his neck, burrowing my head into the crook of his neck. He cups my face before giving me a small kiss.

"W-What are you doing here?"

"You didn't expect me to stay away did you?" I smile lightly and shake my head, "no, not really." I groan in pain again as his grip becomes a little tighter, "s-sorry..."

"I-It's fine. Just kind of hurts."

He stands there, silently, "how'd you get here?"

"Uhm...well my mom doesn't exactly know I'm here. I took a train."

"Daichi!" I laugh, he shrugs, "what else was I supposed to do?"

"Uhm- ask your mother to drive you?" We both laugh, enjoying the moment.

"Why are you here?" He asks, I didn't even know. I shrug, looking at my wrist.

"A bunch of reasons."

"Which are?" I look up at him, "low eating and dehydration." Nothing new. Daichi nods his head as he sits down on the chair next to the bed. I rest my head on the pillow and turn my head to look at him staring at me.

"Why do you like staring at me?"

"Because you're beautiful." He smiles, I feel myself get warm at the words and smile, "god..."

"It's true.I can stare at you all day if I could." His attention didn't once get taken off of me.

"You're a dork." I finally break our staring, turning my head straight, now looking at the turned off tv in front of the room.

"I know." We sit in silence for a few second, "you're still staring at me, aren't you?" I smile, "you know it."

———————

Daichi's POV

After an hour or so, Suga went to sleep. It was peaceful. He got checked up on and helped by nurses,occasionally filling his liquid feeder, giving him water, asking how he was doing, a lot of stuff. There was so much going on...yet I couldn't keep my eyes off him. He smiled towards everyone. He was in the hospital...and was smiling. He smiled in front of people, but as soon as he had the chance to be alone, he'd stop. I noticed this. He smiled whenever someone was in front of him, but as soon as they look away, or when he thinks no one is looking, he stops. Even if it's just a quick time.

When he was asleep, it was different. He didn't do either of them. His lips were parted ever so slightly, his bushy bangs falling in front of his face, his long eyelashes would flutter shut. His shoulders were less tensed, he was relaxed.

I lay down on the couch, grabbing an extra blanket, pulling it over myself. I fell asleep looking at him. My attention would never gaze onto anything else...

Ever

————end of chapter————

Hello! Uhm...yeah. I'm tired. Anyways- how is your day? Did you drink water?

Words- 941

Finished- October 3, 2020

Song recommendation- Cheatercheaterbestfriendeater - Never Shout Never

Vote

Comment

Share

...

-Ollie