Two Weeks

Daichi's POV

I pulled away from him and he looked away instantly. It hurt. I didn't think I liked him in that way. Did he not like it? I sit back and look at Azu.

"Just when I thought you'd be better than that." She rolls her eyes, "what do you want?"

"I'm fine with the regular. Coffee." She nods, jots it down, and leaves.

We sit an awkward silence for a while, just us frantically trying to look somewhere else but each other.

"I think I'll just head home...here's the money to pay for the tea."

"Do you know your way home...?" I understand why he would want to leave anyway. He shakes his head, "no clue. But I'll manage. Thanks, by the way...f-for worrying about my well being." He slightly smiles, before waving goodbye. I sigh as I see Azu coming back.

"Doesn't look like a good boyfriend to me." She sits down on the other side of the table and starts to sip the tea.

"Go away, Azua." I sigh, looking out the window.

"He isn't your boyfriend is he?" I shake my head, "i was right. His eyes were wide open the whole time and his face was really red. That was probably his first kiss you know. You guys are only fourteen."

"You act like your so old, Azu. You're fifteen."

"And I've had many kisses before. And they only react like that if it was their first kiss."

"Get to the point." I take a sip of my coffee, still looking out the window.

"It was obvious that he didn't know what to think. His mind was probably running. You can't lie, Daichi. That's probably the only bad thing your bad at." Azu giggles. I sigh as I set down the coffee.

"Fine. I'll apologize to him at school next week. Here's the cash." I said, putting down all my own money and not the money Suga gave me. I walk out and get on my way home.

Did I really take his first kiss? No, since when was Azu right? Never. It can't be...can it?

------
After that, Suga didn't show up to school or practice. I didn't know his address, he didn't answer any of my texts or calls, it's like he disappeared.

I walk into the gym, not expecting to see Suga but I hear his voice on the other end of the gym. I look up to see him setting a ball for a few other players. He looks so happy. He got thinner but the circles around his eyes got lighter than the last time I seen him.

"Hey! Daichi-San! May you help with our receives?" A player across the gym shouts, which seems to grab Suga's attention to look at me.

"Of course!" I smile towards the player and run towards him, running past Suga, not even acknowledging he was there.

----after practice----

"See you tomorrow!" I wave, turning around to see Suga walking my direction. He instantly turns back around and runs. I chase after him, "Hey! Suga!" He runs into the club room and locks the door, after he closes it.

I slow down and sigh, putting my back towards the door, leaning onto it.

"Do we really need to talk about it for you not to run away?" I don't get a response so I continue, "if it's really that embarrassing then just forget about it.." still no response.

"If it helps for you not to ignore me, I'll even forget about it."

"Me...? Ignoring you...?" He asks, quietly, almost inaudible. I didn't say anything, all I heard was small cries on the other side of the door.

"Suga...what's wrong? Please, open the door." With that, I hear the door click. I open it and walk in, shutting and locking it again. As soon as I sit down next to him, he wraps his arms around my waist, resting his head onto my lap, his tears slowly coming down his face. I wrap my right arm around him as my left pets his head. His hair is really soft.

"What's wrong?" I ask again, more gentle this time. He shakes his head, not wanting to talk. After a moment of silence he chooses to speak, "I'm sorry..."

"You apologize a lot." He seems to flinch at these words, "I'm sor- I mean- ngh..." his voice dies down. My grip around him grows tighter, not letting him go.

"We're going to stay here all night, unless you tell me what's wrong..." Suga shakes his head again, "it's stupid..."

"There's no such thing."

"...I don't want to talk about it."

"Then we don't have to. We can just sit here. It's fine by me." We sat there in comfortable silence, the only things you can hear were our breathing.

"Why haven't you ran away yet...?" Suga asks softly. Almost too soft.

"There's nothing to run away from."

"But...t-there's so much reasons to-"

"There might be reasons for other people to run but not me. I'm never leaving. You can even kill my parents and I'd still be here." This causes him to laugh. I smile and before I knew it, my heart started beating faster.

----------

ugh...writers block SUCKS

words- 875

Finished- September 10, 2020

Vote

Comment

Share