I promise

Sugawara's POV

"I'm upset that my mother didn't visit at all..." after saying it, I regretted it. I shouldn't feel like this. I hate her..I really do. But...she's my mother.

I feel his arms wrap around me, feeling an indent come onto the bed, "D-Daichi you can't do-"

"It's only for a couple moments, I promise..." we lay there in silence, "did she do this to you..?" He asks reluctantly.

"Mhm...." his grip tightens around me, which makes me flinch in pain.

"Daichi...t-that hurts..." his grip lightens and he sighs, "Why didn't you tell me...?" He asks softly, I shut my eyes, not answering.

"Suga...?"

"I don't know..." I whisper, folding up my knees so I was now in a ball, hurting the stab wounds on my stomach..but I didn't mind it. I could barely feel it.

"We don't have to talk about it...it's okay."

"Okay..." I made sure to remind myself that he hated when I apologized...

"Daichi?"

"Hm?" He hums, tracing circles on my waist, under my shirt, but gently so it wasn't alarming or hurting me in any way.

"Why am I upset that she didn't come today..?" He sighs sadly as I turn around, burrowing my head in his chest, inhaling his scent. It smells like home...his home I mean. Dammit...home isn't even my own house.

"Because you're that kind of person, Sugar. Someone can treat you the worst way ever and you'll still love them with your whole heart."

"Yeah, but I love you with my whole heart..." I mumble accidentally, I feel the heat rise into my face, as I hide it into Daichi's chest.

"What was that, sweetheart?" He teases, "n-nothing!"

"Are you sure?" He whispers in my ear, making a shiver go down my spine.

"M-Mhm..."

"Alright then." We lay there in silence and I feel myself starting to drift off back into sleep.

"Go ahead and go to sleep, Sugar. It's okay." Daichi kisses the top of my head, petting it.

"Goodnight..."I groan, letting out a low breath.

"Goodnight."

"I love you..."

"I love you too, now go to sleep." I smile slightly. I got used of saying it first after a while. Maybe apologizing will be the same way?

————————

Daichi's POV

After I was sure he was asleep, I get up to go to the bathroom. I slowly unwrap my arms around him, covering his shoulder up. He made some movements but did go back to sleep. I exit the door to find Imaki on his phone, on the couch in the waiting room.

"Imaki?"

"Suwamura." He turns off his phone and gives me a stare.

"What are you doing here?"

"Worried about my dear cousin."

"But-"

"Hey...uhm I wanted to apologize...for...well, everything. It was a dick move..or moves,I guess. I know it won't be as easy for you to forgive me as it was Kōushi but-"

"Yeah, no. You sent him to the hospital over 2 times and made him feel horrible."

"I know, I know...I got counseling and everything...I'm okay now. I'm completely living on my own, and everything is going okay." I nod, "good for you."