Im sorry

Sugawara's POV

"There might be reasons for other people to run but not me." These words were my safe place now. It felt as if all my burdens left..but somehow there was still a small feeling in my chest. I liked Daichi. A lot. But I only met him a couple weeks ago.

"It seems you always know what to say." I get up from his grip and stretch. I get chills as soon as I feel his fingertips brush off of me.

"Well, I hate seeing people sad." I smile as I wipe my eyes. I want to say sorry a million times but that might annoy him...it annoyed people before. It's probably why I've never had a real friend before.

"I'm sorry." It's a reflex. I can't help myself. I look down at my feet, not wanting to look up.

"For?"

"Y-You probably have to get home a-and I'm just holding you-"

"You're not. My parents are overseas for work. If anything, I hate being home alone. You're not ruining anything." He smiles at me, reassuring me but that pit in my stomach is still there. I grip onto my side, wincing from the pain. Probably just hunger.

"Are you okay?" I nod, "y-yeah, just- ngh- hurts."

"When's the last time you ate...?" I shrug, "I don't know. It's nothing. I-I'm oka-" I start getting dizzy and I trip over, resting my hand on Daichi's shoulder so I wouldn't fall.

"Suga. When was the last time you ate anything?" This seemed more demanding. He demanded and answer.

"Some time...last week? I don't know..."

"Suga-"

"I'm fine. See..I'm fine." I stand up, just to instantly fall back into Daichi. He wraps his arms around me, tight enough so I couldn't stand back up.

"We're going to my house. Now." He exclaims, picking me up, placing me on his back.

"I-I'm fine-"

"No. Suga. You're not. Let me make you something." I rest the side of my head on his shoulder as he walks me to his home.

"I'm sorry..." there's that reflex again.

"Again, no need to be sorry. It's the best I can do for a friend." That word bothered me. Friend. He's just a friend. I need to remind myself of this more often...it might hurt but that's okay.

As we walk through the front door, he puts me down on the couch, instantly walking to the kitchen. I sit there for a while before he comes back with a glass of water and rice cakes. I look up at him to see an endearing smile.

"Here, this will have to do until I'm done...is that okay?" I look at him and smile, grabbing both the essentials. I nod and place them down on the table in front of me.

After I drink the glass of water and eat one rice cake, the loud noise of a smoke alarm goes off. I get up and race to the kitchen.

"What happened- WHAT ARE YOU DOING?" I shout, opening a window, waving the smoke out.

"I don't know! I was just following the instructions!" He shouts back, taking the smoke alarm down. I uncover my ears as he stops the alarm. I look down at the pan he was cooking in and look back at him.

"How about...I cook?" I say, grabbing the pan and tossing it in the trash.

"But this is supposed to be for you!"

"Who said I wasn't going to eat it?" He nods his head, "fine."

-------

Daichi's POV

Suga talks to me as he cooks. How'd he learn to cook? The nice smell reaches my nose, making me hungry.

"Here we go." He says, taking the food and putting it on the plate. It looked delicious. It looked like the food you see on tv or in cookbooks.

"Where'd you learn to cook? It looks amazing!" He chuckles at this, "my mom is always working so I just learned. Well, ever since- uh never mind." I just don't mind his sentence. I put my hands together, saying thank you for the food.
------
"It's crazy that you're only fourteen and can cook like you've been doing it your whole life." I say, pushing my empty plate away.

"Oh I have, but I've been using those skills a lot more since last year." He smiles.

He rests his head down on the counter, looking at the vanilla scented plant that is placed in the middle of the table.

"Isn't it crazy?"

"Hm?" I ask, still staring at him.

"We're living things. So the smallest things can make us happy. For some reason, this makes me happy." He explains, pointing at the plant, his head still resting on his arm.

"How so?"

"I don't know." I'm still staring at him. I know. He smells like light vanilla.

"It reminds me of Tokyo...my home used to always smell like vanilla. My dad had these vanilla candles everywhere. It always reminded me that I'm close to home."

"Used?"

"My dad committed suicide last year..." he says, instantly answering my question. I was frozen there. What do I do? Is he hurting?

"Wow...I haven't told anyone that...it felt good." He lightly smiles before going back to his neutral state.

"Suga-"

"I say I'm sorry all the time because...well, one, because it's a reflex whenever I feel a certain way...and two, I don't want to live with the fact that the last thing I say to someone is something bad...or I bothered them in any way." He turns his head and looks at me, I also lay my head on the table, still looking at him. He's beautiful. His eyes were shiny, his bushy bangs fell in front of his face, everything was perfect. I remember the night at the cafe and finally glance away.

"You know, Suga, you're really complicated." He lightly smiles, "I guess."

"But that's why I like you." This makes his smile bigger, but he didn't know it wasn't as a friend a way I liked Suga.

"I like you too." He smiles, sitting up.

"Thanks for the food by the way!"

"I really should be thanking you." I say, grabbing the two plates, placing them in the sink.

"No need. It's nothing new." I look up at him and see him reaching for his coat. I look out the window and see rain coming down the window frame.

"It's raining, are you sure you can walk home without getting a cold?" He nods his head, "yeah, it's just a light rain, I'll be fine. It's just-" I reach my coat over to him, which seems to make him stop.

"I-I-I can't! Then you wouldn't have-"

"I have plenty, plus, I'm already at home." I shrug, "it also has pockets and a hood." I smile, his expression was still the same. His face had a tint of red before grabbing the coat, reluctantly.

"T-Thanks..."

"Have a safe walk, please." I wave as he walks out the door. I fall onto couch.

'You should've just had him stay over.' A voice kept saying over and over.

"Ugh...no. That's weird." The house was silent again. It was awful. I haven't heard it filled with talking since my parents left to America. My aunt usually stays here but she only comes here maybe once a week to check in on me. How can a fourteen year old live like this? I really don't know why.

I really don't know why I'm here...

--------
LONG CHAPTERRRRRRRRRRRRR REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

sorry

Words- 1270

Finished- September 13

Vote

Comment

Share

...