Happy Birthday

Sugawara's POV

I get up at 8:30 and get ready for the day. Black ripped jeans, with a baby blue shirt, covered by a large white jacket. I look at myself and sigh. I grab everything and shut my door, texting Daichi while walking.

D- normal spot?

"Sugawara, we need to talk." I look up from my phone and see my mom, at the table, no paperwork or anything around her. Imaki is in the kitchen, grabbing breakfast.

"We need to talk about your whereabouts."

"...okay? What about them...?" I ask, softly. My mother had dark brown hair and blue eyes, her eyes had dark bags, she was exhausted.

"You've been coming home a lot later. I don't even see you at all. You're out by 7 am and doesn't come back until 8. So where are you most of the day?"

"I told you. I have practice. I have friends I hang out with." I shrug. From the corner of my eye, I see Imaki leaning on the fridge, drinking a glass of orange juice. He had a devilish smirk that made me uneasy.

"But I want to see you more Suga, I miss you."

"Like you're ever here anyway..." I mumble, crossing my arms. I look up at the clock and see it's 8:40 am. I fidget my foot, getting impatient.

"What did you say?"

"Like you're here anyway! For the entire first week of school here, I wasn't okay! So now I meet Daichi and now you miss me!?"

"Don't use that tone!" She gets up and raises her hand. I flinch.

"Sorry..." I mumble and she calms herself down, sitting back down.

"I have to get to work." She sighs.

As soon as the door shuts, I'm prepared to get a lot of insults by Imaki.

"You know, Suga. Remember that time you attempted suicide?" I sigh, nodding,

"It should've been successful." I shut my eyes, feeling the anger rise in me.

"What did I ever do to you?" I rashly say, snapping a glare towards him.

"Nothing. Your existence just makes me sick." He rolls his eyes and places his cup next to the sink. I look at my phone, 9:02 am....I'm late.

"Let me see your phone." I glare at him sharply, "no." He steps over to me, moving closer.

"Let me see your phone." I shake my head. He hits my head and pins me on the ground, grabbing my phone.

"You two are absolutely disgusting." He says, showing me the screen of Daichi's and I conversations.

"Let me see!" I try grabbing the phone but he stands up, raising my phone up before smashing it into the ground.

"There, that's way better." He rolls his eyes.

"Why are you so heartless?" I ask, picking up my phone.

We argue for a solid 15 minutes before I slam the door. I calm down before racing down the street.

———————

"Suga, will you be my boyfriend...?" My heart stopped. Or...felt like it did. I mesmerized Daichi's expression, he could barely look at me, he was scratching behind his head, embarrassed.

"Are you serious?" His expression seemed more hurt, "why wouldn't I say yes!" I hug him and he hugs me back. As we stay hugging I ask, "can I stay with you? I got into a fight with my entire household..." Daichi nods and we walk down the street, side by side, hand in hand.