Chapter 33

AJ P.O.V

I waited impatiently in the car. Trey had to get some other items. I would've helped him, but he insisted that I stay in here. It was probably for the best anyways.

I sighed softly and looked out the window. It was still pitch black outside, only a few street lights illuminated the night.

I checked the time on my phone, it was taking Trey too long. I started to get worried, but I was unsure if I should exit the car.

I tapped my fingers on the door handle. I pulled out my phone, and decided to call him. I clicked on his number, and placed my phone to my ear.

It didn't ring, it just went to voicemail. I ended the call, feeling more worried. I took a deep breath, and exited the car. I closed the car door quietly, and made my way back inside the hotel.

The lobby was dimly lit, and was completely empty. I made my way over to the elevator, pushing the button.

I waited for the to doors open, but they never did. The hell? Before I could turn around, I felt something poke my back.

"Remember me bitch?" He said.

I dropped to the floor, after a bullet pierced through my back. I gasped for air, as blood escaped my body.

"AJ," Trey said.

I opened my eyes to see we were still in the car. I rubbed my eyes, and quickly looked out the window. We were at the airport.

"Are you okay?" He asked me.

"Uh, yeah..." I said.

I leaned back in the seat, and took a deep breath.

"You sure you're okay?" He said.

I nodded my head.

"When's our flight?"

-------------------------------------------

We waited for our plane to be called for boarding, but I frowned at the news I heard. Our flight was canceled.

"Shit." I mumbled.

I looked over at Trey, he let out a sigh of frustration.

"What we gon do now?" I asked.

He shook his head, unsure of our next move. I sighed and sat back in my seat, this can't be happening right now. James couldn't have canceled our flight, could he?

"Do you want to wait for another flight home?" I asked.

"The next flight isn't until two days from now, so we'll catch that one." He said.

I nodded my head.

"C'mon, let's go." He said, then getting up.

I did the same, grabbing my suitcase. We walked out the airport, and back to the car.

-------------------Later-----------------

"So this is our new room huh?" I said, plopping down on the bed.

Trey had got us a different room, in a different hotel. It was further away from the original one we was at.

"Yeah, but don't get too comfortable." He said with a smirk.

I smiled and laid back on the bed. I heard him sit his suitcase on the second bed, and I felt my bed dip a little.

He wrapped his arm around my waist, and pulled me closer to him.

"What are you doing?" I asked him.

"Getting some sleep." He said.

I chuckled.

-------------------------------------------

I opened my eyes when I heard my phone ring. I sighed and slowly sat up in bed. I removed Trey's arm from around me, he shuffled around a little before going back to sleep.

I answered my phone, and placed it to my ear.

ME: "Hello?"

JAMES: "You thought you was slick, Angelina."

I could feel my heart race faster. I quickly hung up the phone, and tossed it on a pillow.

I looked down at Trey, he was still sleep. I tried to get out the bed, but I felt his arm pull me back.

"Where you going?" He asked, with sleep in his voice. "Stay here with me."

I smiled as I saw his begging eyes.

"Fine." I said, laying back down with him.

--------------------------------------------

A lil filler 🌚

What y'all thinking?

Comment/ vote 💕