Chapter 35

TWO MONTHS LATER

He disappeared. James is nowhere to be found. There's no trace on him, almost as if he left the country, as if. I hoped he did, but I knew he didn't.

To make it worse, Trey left to go on tour, so I'm here by myself. There's still a month left before he's back home. It's been so lonely without him around me, I missed my best friend.

I sighed as I heard my doorbell ring. I got off of the couch, and sent to the door. I looked through the peephole before I opened up the door. No one was there, but a package was on my doorstep.

I quickly picked up the package, and closed the door behind me. I placed the package on the table, and tore off the tape. Inside the box, a note laid on top of some papers.

"You didn't finish your job, you know what happens now."

I picked up the other papers, and froze at the sight. They were pictures of the many victims of James. The women were bruised, from head to toe, and visible cuts were on their skin.

In each photo, the woman was dead. They were either brutally beaten to death, or bled to death. Gunshots, or stabs, were the obvious causes for it.

All the memories from the art studio started to flood back. I cringed at the thought of it happening again. It's been peaceful for the last 2 months, I would've liked to keep it that way.

I picked up the box, planning on throwing it away, but a sound of something sliding around in it stopped me. I quickly searched through the excess paper, and saw several knives.

I jumped a little when I heard my phone ring. I quickly answered it, not bothering to look at the caller I.D.

??: "Pick your poison."

It wasn't James. I could tell from the voice, it wasn't him.

ME: "Who the hell are you?"

I heard the man chuckle lowly. His voice sounded familiar, but I couldn't tell who it was.

??: "An old acquaintance."

I furrowed my eyebrows confused.

ME: "What do you want?"

??: "I don't want anything, I was just told to warn you."

ME: "About what?"

??: "This."

The lights in my house flickered, and suddenly cut off, leaving me in the dark. My heart raced.

??: "We're coming AJ, be ready."

He chuckled lowly, before the line went dead. I quickly dialed 911, and pressed the phone to my ear. The sound of the phone being busy rang through the phone, the phone line was cut.

I used a flashlight to search for the light switch. Once I found one, I switched it on, but nothing happened. I tried turning on a different switch, but I got the same result, nothing.

I searched for some candles, to provide some light around the house. After I placed the last lit candle down, I froze.

A shadowy figure stood in the corner of the dimly lit room. The figure stepped closer, causing me to take a step back.

"Candles are a little too romantic, aren't they?" The shadow figure said.

He chuckled lowly, and stepped more into the light. My heart pounded once I seen who it was. I quickly ran to the front door, hearing footsteps behind me.

I turned the doorknob, and opened the door. I could only get a few steps down my driveway, before I felt arms wrap around me. I screamed for help, as I squirmed around, hoping to get out his grasp.

He grew impatient with me, and placed a cloth over my mouth. The intoxicating smell on the cloth made my body feel weak. My body slowly gave up on fighting back, and fell to the ground.

My eyelids became heavy, as everything began to fade to black. I heard him say something before I went fully unconscious.

"I missed my fiancé."

--------------------------------------------

Sorry for the wait

So do you guys know who this man is? 👀
What y'all think gon happen next?

Comment/vote 💕