Chapter 25

1 Week Later-TREY P.O.V

I haven't talked to AJ for awhile now. I tried calling her, but it just goes to voicemail. When I stopped by her place, she was never home.

It isn't like her to just go m.i.a on me. Ion know what's going on with her, but I hope Richie ain't have anything to do with it.

Today was an appointment for the baby, but I didn't get any word where AJ was. I walked in the doctor's office after waiting for some time in the lobby.

The doctor frowned once she seen I was alone. I sat down in the chair.

"Ms. Johnson isn't with us today?" She asked me. I shook my head no.

"Ion know where she is. Hopefully, she's just running late." I said.

"Hmm." The doctor said to herself. "She wasn't here last week either." I furrowed my eyebrows confused.

"She wasn't here last week? Did she cancel?" I asked her.

"No. I received no cancelation or rescheduling call from her." She said.

Now this was just weird. Where the hell is she? She never misses appointments.
I sat there thinking. I haven't talked to her in a week. The last thing I knew she was doing was...going over to Richie's.

"Shit." I mumbled. This nigga betta not have laid his hands on her or I'll-

My phone went off. I glanced at the screen to see that I didn't recognize the number that was calling. I decided against answering, but I did anyways.

"Hello?" I said.

??: "Is this Mr. Neverson?"

ME: "Yes. Who is this?"

??: "This is Becky, calling in regard of Angelina Johnson." Damn, it's been awhile since I heard her full name spoken.

BECKY: "She's been in the hospital for a couple of days now. We've received your information to advice you and come and see her."

I sat there silent.

BECKY: "Mr. Neverson? Are you there?"

ME: "....Yes, why has she been in the hospital?"

Becky sighed before she spoke.

BECKY: "The ambulance found her unconscious and with bruises around her neck."

I already knew who did this.

BECKY: "So if you don't mind, can you make time to stop by and see her?"

ME: "Yeah, I'm on my way." I hung up the phone and got up from my seat.

"Is everything alright?" The doctor asked me.

"It's gunna be." I headed out the door and to my car. I started up my car and sped off. This hospital was on the other side of town.

----------------------------------------

I walked fast to the front desk. The lady smiled hugely once she looked up from her computer.

"You're-you...Trey Songz!" She said. I chuckled.

"Hey sweetie." She blushed. "If you don't mind, can you look up my friend Angelina Johnson's room for me." I said.

She typed on her keyboard a little until she found it.

"She's in room 104, down the hall and the third door on the right." She
handed me a visitors pass.

"Thanks." I said taking the pass with me.