Chapter 24

It was morning and I decided to make breakfast for everyone. I mean, it's the least I could do before I leave.

I placed the bacon and sausages on a plate. Then I turned the pot of grits off. "Good morning." I heard Trey's voice say.

I smiled and turned to him. "Good morning." I said. He walked closer to me, placing his hands on my waist. He looked at the food, then back at me. "Damn baby, you ain't have to cook." He said.

I chuckled. "Yes, I had to. Since Ms. April cooked last night, I might as well do this." I said motioning to the food. He smiled at me. "What?" I asked him.

"Why you so amazing?" He said. I blushed and fanned him off. "Boy, you just sayin' that 'cause I cooked." I said turning away from him, placing the pans in the sink.

"Nah, I mean it. You're just...amazing." He said. For him to compliment me like this out of the blue, was a little strange. He pulled me be my waist again. "You know I love you right?" He said.

I nodded my head yes. "Good." He said placing several kisses on my cheek. "Trey...are you just saying this because you know..." I said. I turned around putting food on my plate as he sighed.

"No...it's more like I want you to leave Richie." He said. I saw him place his food on his plate also. "I know, I do too, but it's more complicated now to leave." I said moving to the table.

"I know baby, but I want you to leave him now." He followed me to the table.

"....I can't Trey." I said as he took a seat in front of me.

"Yes you can. As soon as he gets back, tell him you leaving him. You don't even have to tell him about our baby." He said.

"Ion know Trey." I took a bite off my plate.

"I know you can do it. It's the only way to get you out this situation, it's the only way to get our baby out this." I knew he was right, but I felt unsure about all this.

"Alright, I'm gunna do it as soon as he comes home." I said. He nodded his head. I got a bad feeling just thinking about leaving Richie.

"....Now, how far along are you again?" He said.

"Almost a month." I said, unsure what this had to do with anything. He smiled.

"That means I can still hit it." He said. I popped his hand and chuckled. "It's not all about sex Trey." I said.

"Shit, when you pregnant it is. I gotta get it befo' you blow up." He said making me laugh. I rolled my eyes and continued to eat.

I missed times like this, just with Trey. Hopefully, it'll go back to where I wouldn't have to hide around to be with Trey. I hadn't noticed I was smiling until it quickly faded away.

"Un uh nigga, you betta give me my bacon back." I said reaching for my bacon Trey had on his plate.

"What you talking 'bout?" He said trying to hide his smile.

"You ain't slick, give it back." I said.

He shook his head and took a bite out of one in my face.

"Oooo, you tryna get yo ass beat." I said making him laugh. "Making me slave over a stove, then you go and eat my bacon." I mumbled.

"But you still love me doe." He said with a smirk.

"Whatever Trey." I said crossing my arms across my chest.

"Aww, the little baby is upset." He said in a baby voice. I sucked my teeth and laughed.