Chapter 29

We pulled up to a place that looked like a small restaurant. I noticed on a door it said "Poetry Night". I undid my seatbelt and looked over at Trey.

"Trey, what are we doing here?" I asked him.

He looked over at me, and smiled.

"I wanted to try something different." He said.

He unfastened his seatbelt and got out of the car. He walked over to my side and opened my door. He helped me out and closed the door behind me.

We walked over to the front door. He opened it, letting me inside first. I stepped inside, hearing soft music playing. I turned around to Trey, he was smiling.

"Come on, the table's this way." He said grabbing my hand.

He lead me in the way of the table. We sat in a booth that wasn't to far away from a small stage. I guess that was where the poets would speak.

"How'd you even find a place like this?" I asked him.

"When I went out earlier, I came across this place." He said. "It's different right?" He said with a smirk.

I nodded my head.

A small round of applause occurred as I saw a person walk on the stage. This was the first of the many poets that we're going to speak tonight.

--------------------------------------------

I placed my hands on Trey's shoulder as he placed his on my waist. He had convinced me to dance with him before we would leave.

We swayed side to side to the soft music that was playing. I honestly didn't mind dancing like this all night.

He lowered his hands a little as he put his head in the crook of my neck. Every now and then his lips would kiss on my skin.

I slowly moved my hands down to his arms. Time passed by fast as we were already on our 3rd song. I buried my face more in his chest as we continued to dance.

After a few more songs, I could feel my body get tired. He lifted his head from my neck and chuckled.

"We can sit back down if you want to." He said.

I nodded my head, to exhausted to speak. He grabbed my hand and lead me back to the booth.

I slid in on my side, and so did he. He wrapped his arm around me as I laid my head on his chest.

More poets came on the little stage to recite their poems. As the night went on, I could feel myself drift off to sleep. I haven't got enough in the last couple of days, and everything that happened is the reason for it.

---------------------------------------------

TREY P.O.V

I smiled as I looked down at AJ. She was asleep. She probably needed this, but I can't just leave her like this.

"AJ." I said.

She didn't move. I tried nudging her a little. She moved her head and looked up at me with half closed eyes.

"It's time to go." I said.

She ignored me and laid her head back down on me. She's so difficult.

I moved away from her quickly, letting her head hit the seat of the booth. She immediately woke up and glared at me.

I busted out laughing at the look on her face. She slowly slid out the chair and walked past me.

"You mad AJ?" I asked her with a smile on my face.

"No, you're just so childish." She said.

I picked up my past to catch up to her. I wrapped my arms around her waist and went to her ear.

"I'm sorry baby." I said.

I noticed she blushed a little. I smiled and kissed her cheek. I let go of her and opened the door for her. We headed back out to the car, making our way back to the hotel.

-------------------------------------------

I carried AJ through the front door of the hotel. She dozed off to sleep again, and I could tell this time she wasn't going to wake up so easy.

I made my way to the elevator, struggling to hit the up button. I waited for the elevator to open, but something stopped me.

I looked down the hall, but no one was there. It felt like someone was watching me. I ignored the feeling and entered the elevator.

I waited for the elevator to open, as we reached our floor. I continued to carry her all the way inside of the room.

I used my foot to push the door close, since my hands were occupied. I went into the room and carefully laid her down.

She immediately tried to get under the covers. I chuckled and pulled her back down to the end of the bed.

I undid her heels and placed them on the floor. I pulled her down a little more so I could take off her dress. I undid the belt on it and slowly took it off her body.

I admired her body for a second. It's been awhile since we actually did something. If only she wasn't tired...

I snapped out of those thoughts as she rolled to her side. I saw her look at me with her eyes.

"Can I go to sleep now?" She said.

I chuckled slightly. I guess I took to long undressing her.

"Yeah, go ahead." I said.

She scooted up to where she could rest her head on the pillows. I took off my shirt and pants, then climbed in bed with her.

I pulled her closer to my body, causing her to show a sleep filled smile. I kissed her forehead just before she went to sleep fully.

--------------One Week Later----------

AJ P.O.V

"No Trey! Don't drop me!" I yelled from on top of his shoulders.

We decided to go to the beach today. He wanted to enjoy this time before we went back. Plus, I had to spend time with him before the deadline came.

He kept acting like he was about to drop me into the ocean. I know he was only doing this for his satisfaction.

"Alright, I won't." He said.

I sighed, relieved. Just when I thought he was about to put me down, he let go off my thighs and let me fall back. I screamed as I hit the water.

I came up from the water to hear Trey laughing. I hit him in his arm and checked my hair.

He cleared his throat as a way to stop laughing. He faced me and placed his hands on my waist.

"You good?" He said trying to hold in his laugh.

I shook my head with a smile on my face. As much as I hated he did that, I couldn't help but smile.

"You ready to go?" He asked me.

I nodded my head yes. We left the beach and went back to the hotel.

-------------------------------------------

"Baby, I'm getting in the shower." Trey said heading to the bathroom.

"Okay." I said.

"You wanna get in with me?" He said with a smirk.

I reached on the bed and threw a pillow at him. I laughed as he gave me a look. I shrugged my shoulder as if I didn't know what happened.

He chuckled and went in the bathroom. I plopped down on the bed, and my phone vibrated. I sighed and reached on the nightstand.

I reread the text I received over and over.

"One week until deadline, don't mess up."

--------------------------------------------

Comment/vote 💕