Chapter 10

I got up from the couch. I placed my plate in the sink, wanting to forget about what happened years ago. I went in my bathroom to take a shower, but before I could get in I heard my phone ring. It was an unknown number.

ME: "Hello?"

There was a silence.

ME: "Hello??"

??: "I missed my painting model." I recognized the voice. It was James.

In full fright, I hung up the phone. How'd he get my number?? My body started shaking, as the past memories flooded back to my mind. His words replayed in my head, over and over again.

"I missed my painting model." Without seeing his face, I could tell he had that sly smile on. That smile I feared when I saw it everyday when I was held captive in the art studio.

A couple of tears rolled down my cheek, I hadn't even noticed. He just put me through so much pain and torture. I never knew a human being could be that cruel.

I froze as my phone rang again. The same number showed up. I couldn't deal with James anymore. I ignored the call and went in the bathroom to take my shower. As the warm water hit my face, I couldn't stop thinking of James.

I remembered how he would say my name. It was cold, he was cold. His soul was dark, nobody should be that way. I remembered how he would threaten me if I ever tried to run away. He would break every bone in my body, just to keep me there. So of course I had to obey him.

I was so glad that one day when he left out the studio, he didn't lock the doors. I was able to cut myself free and escape. After I was free I didn't stop for any of my belongings. I went straight to the police and left for Virginia. Once I heard he was locked up, I was glad that I wouldn't have to see him again.

Now that he's out and looking for me, made me nervous to even show my face. The fact that he saw me at the club, was even more of a reason to stay hidden.

I washed up and wrapped a towel around me as I got out the shower. I put my hair in a bun, so it could air dry. I rubbed lotion on my body then got dressed. I picked up my phone to see if he left any calls or messages, as I left out my room. Thank god he didn't leave anything.

A smile formed on my face when I saw what was on my counter. There was a bouquet of roses. I placed my phone down on the table, and read the note that came with the roses. "For my only love. -Trey" My smile grew bigger as arms wrapped around my waist. "You like them?" He said as he kissed my cheek.

"They're lovely." I turned around and kissed him. He smiled as he picked me up and placed me on the counter. "You know what else is lovely.." He began kissing on my neck. "And what's that?" He came up from my neck and smirked. "You" I smiled.

He kissed my lips with passion. He lifted my shirt up over my head. Just then, my phone rang. Really? They just had to call now. I hopped off the counter and went to answer my phone.

ME: "Hello?"

MELANIE: "Girl meeting! ASAP!!"

We had girl meetings usually to catch up with each other. But the way she was yelling in the phone it sounded serious.

ME: "Iight where?"

MELANIE: "The café across from the mall!"

She hung up the phone before I could say anything else.

"Is everything okay?" Trey had asked me. "Yeah my girls need me real quick. Is that okay?" He nodded his head. I quickly ran to my bedroom to slip on some jeans. I hope whatever Melanie was calling me for was as serious as it sounded.