Chapter 37

THE NEXT DAY-RICHIE P.O.V

"Where the hell is she?!" He yelled.

I sighed and leaned back in my seat. I heard his footsteps come closer to the room I was in. The door swung open, and he in walked in furiously.

"What the hell happened?" He said.

"She got away." I said plainly.

"She got away." He said mocking me. "Why don't you get off your ass and look for her."

"Why don't you do that yourself?" I suggested, with annoyance hinting in my voice.

He clenched his jaw, growing more angry by the second. He stared at me, contemplating about what he'll do. He sighed and pulled the gun out of his back pocket. He didn't speak as he aimed at me.

"You gon shoot me James?" I said.

He didn't respond as he took off the safety. I sighed and stood up from my seat. I walked closer to him so I was face to face with him.

He readjusted the gun to my forehead, as I reached my hand in my pocket. I pulled out my gun also, aiming it at his head just as he did. A smirk slowly crept onto his face.

"So this what it came to huh?" He said.

"I guess so."

He chuckled darkly.

"Nice working with you Rich."

--------------------Later---------------

I caught my breath as I took a rest from running. I honestly didn't know exactly where I was, but it had to be far enough, for now at least.

I sat down on the ground, and pulled out the phone I took from that man. Luckily, he didn't have a password on his phone so I didn't have a problem using it.

I quickly navigated where I was at through the phone. I wasn't too far from home, but it was going to take forever to get there on foot.

I sighed deeply, as I seen it was getting dark. I got off the ground and started waking. I should be far enough from them so I wouldn't have to worry about them searching for me.

As I continued down the street, I felt the phone vibrate in my hand. I glanced at the screen to see a text message.

Unknown- "See you soon, AJ."

After reading the message, I began to run again. After I got this far, I wasn't about to go back.

As I continued on, I saw a pair of headlights flash in front of me. The car came near to hitting me but it didn't. I felt frozen as I saw the car door open. I fell in disbelief at who I saw, hell no.

-----------------------------------------

I know this is the shortest chapter I ever wrote, but I've been struggling with this story. I honestly want to put this story on hold temporarily, until I can update again, or possibly delete it.

I haven't decided completely, but I'd like to say thanks for showing love by commenting, reading, and voting. I'll let y'all know the fate of this story when I've decided. Until next time guys 💕