Chapter 36

I was abruptly waken up when cold water splashed on me. My blurry vision cleared to see a man standing in front of me. He held a smirk on his face, as his right hand held something behind his back.

I noticed I was tied to a chair in the middle of an empty room. I sighed. This can't be happening again.

"You miss me?" He said.

"No, Richie." I said.

His cocky smirk, turned into a deepened frown. He walked towards me, and showed the gun that was hidden behind his back.

"That's the wrong answer." He said.

He lifted the gun, and placed the barrel on my forehead.

"Let's try this again AJ." He paused. "Did you miss me?"

"...No."

His jawline clenched, he was growing angry at me. Instead of pulling the trigger, he put the gun away.

"You're lucky I can't kill you now." He said.

"And why's that?" I said.

A smirk crept onto his lips.

"You'll have to wait to know why." He said. "It'll be a pleasant surprise."

I furrowed my eyebrows. I didn't like how he said "pleasant", so of course it would be the opposite of what he meant.

"So what are you gunna do with me until then?" I asked.

"Don't worry about that fiancé." He said.

I rolled my eyes slightly at the word. I watched him as he slowly circled around me. He stopped in front of me, and traced his index finger on my jawline.

"It's been a second AJ..." He said with a smirk.

--------------Two Days Later---------

I groaned as I tried moving my aching body. I laid on the cold floor, of the isolated room I was placed in yesterday. I managed to lift my body off of the floor, and walk over to a single window in the room.

I lifted the window up, but soon frowned at what I saw. There was bars blocking the window, so I couldn't get out. I tried jiggling the bars, but they wouldn't budge.

I sighed, and turned my back to the window. I looked around the room again, there was no way out, other than a door and this window. I walked over the to the door, and turned the knob.

A feeling of relief overcame me, when I saw the door was unlocked. I carefully opened the door all the way, and stepped out of the room. I took in the appearance of the house, it was huge.

It couldn't have been his, it was someone else's. Why the hell would he take me to someone else house?

I quietly walked down the steps, unsure if he, or anyone else, was still here. I tried finding my way around the house, but it was difficult.

As I was walking, I came across this room. My curiosity got the best of me, so I looked inside. I immediately froze at the sight of what was in front of me. Paintings.

It soon became clear, this wasn't a regular person's house, it was James'. I quickly exited the room, and searched for the front door.

I went down a hall, and saw the door, I found it. Before I could get to the door, I heard the door unlock, someone was coming inside. I quickly hid in a room, just as the door swung open.

My heart raced as I heard footsteps walk throughout the house. I heard a man speak, it was Richie, and another man also spoke . There was two of them, I was outnumbered.

"So where is she now?" One of the men said.

"Upstairs." Richie said.

I waited, until I heard the multiple footsteps go up the stairs, to make my move. I peeked my head out the room, to make sure they wasn't down here. I walked out the room, and headed to the door.

I placed my hand on the doorknob, and carefully turned it.

"Where the hell is she?!"

I quickly opened the door, and ran outside. I didn't bother to close the door behind me, they were going to notice I was missing anyways.

I ran as fast as I could down the street, hoping to get far. My small taste of freedom came to a stop, when I felt hands grip on my waist. I screamed for help, hoping someone would hear me.

Sadly, the buildings that were around, seemed to be empty, or abandoned. I fought my way out of his grasp, and tried to continue my attempt of escaping.

I had a lead on the man behind me, so I tried hiding in a nearby house. Luckily, the door was unlocked. I barged in the house, and quickly searched for a weapon to equip myself with.

I hurried to the kitchen, in the looks for a knife, but there was none. I jumped slightly when I heard the front door swing open, and hit the wall.

"Shit." I mumbled.

I heard his footsteps come closer towards the kitchen. I glanced around for something, anything. My eyes laid on an old rusted pot. I quickly picked it up, and hid myself so he wouldn't see me.

I saw his shadow stretch on the floor, as he stepped in the kitchen. I controlled my heavy breathing, so he wouldn't hear me.

I slowly raised the pot over my head, so I'll have a forceful swing when he came near. He walked further inside, and I carefully stepped out my hiding spot. I swung the pot, and it made contact with the back of his head, making a loud "bang" sound.

His body fell to the floor, unconscious. I dropped the pot, and searched through his pocket, looking for his phone. I was going to need it to call someone, I wouldn't know when I would come across a phone booth in this part of town.

I pulled out his phone, and headed out of the house. I wasn't sure how long he was going to be unconscious for, but I didn't want to stay around to find out.

-----------------------------------------

So AJ's on the run, will she be able to be home free? Or will she be captured again?

So Richie is back in the picture...

Comment/ vote 💕