Chapter Twenty Three

"A weapon that was in the music room huh? How about some shards of the broken glass?" Kazuichi asked.

"Didn't she die from a blow to the head?" Akane asked.

"So, she had the aquarium smashed on her!" Sonia suggested.

"That's far too large to be a weapon," Nekomaru said.

"Then perhaps a piano," Gundham suggested.

"That's even bigger," you sighed softly.

"It played her a tune of galactic catastrophe," Gundham said.

"That's a whole different kind of large!" Nekomaru exclaimed.

"What about a smash to the head with some gravel?" Ibuki suggested.

"That's it! The culprit used gravel to kill the girl, didn't she?" Hajime asked.

"I wouldn't know," you muttered.

"Oh my...Ibuki wasn't even being serious but got it right away! Ibuki's truly been chosen by god, hasn't she?!" Ibuki laughed.

"No you haven't and it can't be the gravel! It's too small! It can't be a weapon!" Kazuichi declared.

"What if the gravel was in some kind of bag?" Hajime asked.

"A bag?? What bag?" Mikan asked softly.

"What about the swimsuit that went mysteriously missing?" You suggested. "If she tied it up with the gravel inside it'd be a good weapon."

"Gravel in a swimsuit?! A bizarre idea that would astonish Mr. Wright himself!" Ibuki exclaimed.

"But, by using it, the culprit killed two birds with one stone. In order to make it look like the culprit was a pervert she had her swimsuit 'stolen'. That is after she destroyed it after using it as a murder weapon," Chiaki stated.

"How about it Monokuma? Satisfied?" Hajime asked.

"Ah the joy of seeing someone solve your mystery. A wonderful feeling known only to writers!" Monokuma exclaimed.

"But we haven't reached the real important issue yet. Girl E had an accomplice. And that accomplice was Girl D," Nagito said.

"Girl D, that was Mahiru. Right?" Akane asked.

"Huh? Big sis was an accomplice? What's going on? What do you mean?" Hiyoko asked angrily.

"Girl D destroyed the one important piece of evidence for the music room incident. The remains of the flower vase," Hajime said.

"Besides, the reason Girl E killed the girl in the first place seems to have been to protect Girl D. It appears Girl D was receiving all kinds of abuse from the murdered girl. When Girl E found out she tried to stop her but they got into an argument," Chiaki said.

"I see where this is going. She ended up killing her, didn't she?" Nekomaru asked.

"But clearly she had murderous intentions. She strangled the girl and hit her on the head when she lost consciousness after all," Nagito said.

"She-she must have caused her to lose consciousness without meaning to and felt there was no going back. Some-somehow I-I think I can understand her," Mikan said softly.

"You do?! That's kinda scary!" Ibuki exclaimed.

"Then of course, Girl E was also killed on the game's last day, the fourth day. Just to make sure we're on the same page, who do you think killed Girl E?" Nagito asked.

"It was probably Boy F," Hajime said.

"Wild accusations here we go again," you sighed.

"A well worn tale. Consumed by the burning desire to avenge his sister, Boy F killed Girl E," Gundham said.