Chapter Twenty One

"I-I don't think you should investigate this one Y/N," Hajime told you as you sat on the ground outside of the beach house.

"What? Why not?!" You asked him. "Mahiru is dead Hajime! What if I can help?" You asked him.

"Your shoe was found and-"

"So you think I killed her? Fine, I won't get near the body but I'll still do what I can. I-I'm going!" You exclaimed, tears filling your eyes as you got up before walking away. You quickly pushed past the others that were beginning to show up before heading back to the hotel to get back into your usual clothes. You quietly walked into your cottage and closed the door before falling to your knees. Cries escaped your throat as you pulled your bag off and hugged it tightly. Why did she have to die?

And who framed you?

*****

You wiped your face silently as you finished getting dressed before walking out of your cottage. You quietly turned to leave the hotel before bumping into two people.

"H-huh? Oh sorry Fuyu, sorry Peko," you said softly, barely glancing up at them.

"What's wrong with you?" Fuyuhiko asked.

"Didn't you hear? They found my shoe at the crime scene. Everyone thinks I did it," you said softly.

"They found what?!" Fuyuhiko exclaimed, glaring at Peko but you didn't see it.

"Yeah. I have to find a way to prove my innocence. You guys believe me right! I'd never kill anyone! I made the pinkie promise!" You said quickly.

"Pinkie promise?" Peko asked.

"It's a pinkie promise to not kill anyone or die," you said softly. "Wanna make it?"

"Hm, I-I suppose," Peko said as she hooked her pinkie with yours, Fuyuhiko's glare intensifying.

"Well, I have to get going. I've got my innocence to prove! See you two later," you said softly before running off.

*****

You slowly came to a stop in front of the park, a frown on your face as you looked at the game that caused it all.

"You can't play that," a voice behind you said. You quickly turned around and sighed as you saw Hajime.

"And why can't I?" You asked, crossing your arms in front of your chest. "I don't wanna be useless in the class trial! I need something to work with!" You said as you puffed your cheeks out.

"You already played it didn't you? Or did you just do it because nobody would suspect you?" Hajime asked.

"I didn't kill her! I would never kill anyone! We're friends Hajime! I just want it all to go back to before! When everyone was alive!" You exclaimed, tears dripping down your cheeks. "Why can't you let me help?! I didn't murder anyone!"

"We don't- we don't know that and I can't have you getting rid of evidence," Hajime said softly. "I'm sorry."

"Fuck off," you said softly. "I'm sorry I even tried," you said as you turned and walked away from him. You needed somewhere quiet.

*****

You sighed softly as you sat at the ruins of what you presumed to be a school. Your head was pounding and you didn't know why. You pulled out your stuffed animal and hugged it tightly. On your way here everyone was avoiding you. They all believed you were the killer.

"At least I still have you," you muttered softly. "They're all assholes. They didn't even let me explain!" You exclaimed, tears dripping down your cheeks.

"They think I'm the killer. I'd never kill. Why can't they see that?" You groaned. "They act like they're so nice and when everything is done and over with they act like they didn't just accuse you of murder!" You vented to your stuffed buddy.

"Is everything okay?" A voice asked.

"Huh? Monomi! Sorry, am I not supposed to be here?" You asked.

"No it's fine! Are you okay?" She asked you.

"They think I murdered Mahiru. They won't even let me make a case for myself. How am I to think they'd let me in the class trial?" You asked as the bunny walked over and sat beside you.

"I'm sure you've got someone on your side! If not, you have me! You just have to make them listen!" Monomi suggested.

"Make them listen huh? Easier said than done," you sighed softly. "You should head to the class trial. I'll be there soon. Thanks Monomi."

"Anytime!" Monomi smiled as she disappeared. You bit your lip nervously as you stood up, brushing the dirt off of your skirt.

"I'm not giving up this easily. They won't die. I'll find the killer," you said to yourself as you put your stuffed animal back into your bag and headed to the class trial.

You would be damned if the killer got away.