Chapter Two

You sighed softly as you looked around your cottage. After Mahiru brought you here, she gave you some time to yourself but there seemed to be something she was hiding. They had all been acting rather strange like they didn't want to tell you something.

"Maybe this thing can help me," you mumbled softly, looking at the student handbook that laid on your bed. You silently walked over to it and looked through it before coming upon the rules. As you read through them, your breathing hitched and you held your head, groaning softly at the headache.

"This can't be right," you mumbled softly. "This can't be right," you told yourself again before squeaking as someone knocked on the door. What if they came here to kill you? What if they were going to hurt you? You didn't want to die yet. You wanted off this damn island!

"It's just me! Akane. Oh and Ibuki and Mikan. We wanted to see how you were doing," Akane called out. You slowed your breathing slightly and put the student handbook away before opening the door.

"Ah shit, she found out," Akane said.

"Found out what?" You asked.

"The-the kill-killing game," Mikan said softly. "We-we came to tell you," she explained softly.

"Everyone agreed to find a rational way of escaping! No need to worry!" Ibuki laughed, making you relax slightly.

"Besides, we wouldn't ever let you get hurt!" Akane told you with a bright grin.

"Thanks. But- um. When did you all find out?" You asked them.

"A monochromatic bear threatened us with giant robots and told us to kill each other," Akane shrugged. "Nothing big."

"Giant robots? A bear?" You asked confused.

"That would be meeeee!" A voice rang out from behind the three, making you squeak softly and take a step back.

"What the fuck is that?" You asked.

"That's Monokuma. The bear these three told you about," a guy's voice said. "We're meeting at the restaurant dipshits. That fucker wanted us to all be there or some shit."

"That's Fuyuhiko Kuzuryuu of the Kuzuryuu clan. He's the ultimate gang leader I think," Akane told you. "I don't really remember," she mumbled softly.

"Grab your stuff! We've gotta meet everyone!" Ibuki exclaimed.

"Mikan, make sure these dumbasses get there," Fuyuhiko told the timid nurse who quickly nodded. He chuckled and turned to walk away.

"H-hey!" You called, catching his attention as he turned his head to look at you. "Are you going to be there?" You asked him.

"Hell no. I'm not listening to that asshole tell me what to do," he laughed.

"You'll die if you don't," you said quickly, shocking everyone. "There's a chance of it at least. And I don't want anyone to die. Could you at least come with me? You don't have to do what he says. Just show up so we know you aren't dead," you told him, your voice growing softer.

"And who the fuck are you to think you can tell me what to do?" He hissed.

"I just want to go home. And that's probably what you want too. To go home and go to school like we were supposed to. So just trust me, please?" You pleaded.

He scoffed and rolled his eyes. "Hurry the fuck up then."

You smiled brightly and nodded quickly before grabbing your backpack and put your handbook and a notebook inside of it and walked out of the cottage, locking the door behind you.

"Nice going (Y/N), nobody could get him to agree to anything," Akane told you as the five of you walked.

"O-oh, I just wanna make sure we all make it out alive," you smiled. "Especially if we're supposed to kill each other."

"Yeah well none of us are dumb as shit hopefully," Fuyuhiko said, shoving his hands in his pockets as he walked beside you.

"Are you going to kill anyone?" You asked him.

"I'd do almost anything to get off this damn island," he told you, making you frown.

"Pinkie promise me that you won't kill anyone," you told him, holding out your pinkie. "If you do then that means I'll be really really disappointed in you and have to cut off your pinkie," you said, puffing out your cheeks.

"That's really morbid but cool!" Ibuki laughed, hooking her pinkie with yours. "Done and done!"

"I gotcha! No promise breaking here!" Akane grinned.

"I-I promise," Mikan smiled, her hand shaking as she hooked her pinkie with your own. You smiled brightly and held your pinkie out to Fuyuhiko.

"Pinkie promise?" You asked him.

He sighed softly and hooked his pinkie with yours. "Pinkie promise or whatever," he grumbled before walking up the stairs to the restaurant. You smiled brightly and quickly followed him up. Maybe you could make friends here?