Chapter 1

So this is death?

You thought to yourself, unable to see anything. Your chest was tight and everything around you was a black empty void. Maybe this was your death. An ultimate student one day and then a forgotten body the next.

Your name was (Y/N) (L/N) and you were the Ultimate Nobody. At least that's what you declared yourself as after denying your true Ultimate. You may be wondering why you were surrounded by a deep empty void, and to be honest you had no answer.

"Someone get her out of the fucking water!" A voice yelled, sounding extremely angry. You looked around quickly, you weren't in water. Were you?

"Akane! Hold up!" Another yelled before you were suddenly lurched out of the inky void.

"She's alive!" The girl holding you shouted back. You blinked a couple of times, trying to get used to the brightness around you. Silently, you held onto the girl as she swam back to shore where many others were watching. Your throat was sore, preventing you from speaking as they all looked at you.

"Well what's your name?" A heavy set guy asked you, you didn't want to call him fat. You motioned to your throat before a girl with red hair handed you a bottle of water. After quickly drinking it all, you coughed softly before looking up at them.

"I-I'm (Y/N) (L/N), the- the Ultimate N-Nobody," you said softly, shivering slightly.

"Mikan, would you go get her a blanket from the supermarket?" The one with silver hair asked a girl dressed like a nurse. The nurse nodded and quickly rushed off.

"Who-who are you people?" You asked softly.

"I'm Peko Pekoyama, the ultimate swordswoman," she told you, giving you a soft smile before a scarf was put around your neck along with a green jacket.

"Until the mortal returns with the blanket," a guy with four hamsters told you.

"We figured we could help a little," the one with white hair grinned.

"That's Nagito Komaeda, the ultimate lucky student. The one who let you borrow the scarf is Gundham Tanaka, the ultimate breeder," Peko explained.

"I'm Mahiru Koizume, the ultimate photographer," the redhead smiled at you.

"Ah, okay," you said with a faint smile.

"You don't have to be the Ultimate Nobody here, we can be your friends!" A guy with pink hair grinned.

"That sounds great," you said softly. "Friends would be nice."

A/N

Okay so here is the first chapter of the rewritten version where you befriend the murderers and the victims much more than last time to give you that angst feeling. There will be a lot more flashbacks to discover your background and your relationship to them with a more in depth discussion of your Ultimate.

Also unlike the last version, expect trials. You will officially be apart of the trial. Congratulations?

Welcome to Jabberwock Island and the newest version of this book! Thanks for reading and wait until next week for the next chapter! I will also have more chapters available for my other Danganronpa book soon!

See ya! 💜