Chapter Six

You looked at the body in front of you terrified, your vision blurring as you breathed heavily.

"He-he's dead!" You cried before someone pulled you away from the body.

"Let go of me!" You yelled panicked. "You guys! We said we wouldn't kill!" You cried.

"We didn't!" Kazuichi assured you.

"Then why is there a body?!" You asked him as you shook.

"She makes a valid point," Akane said.

"It could've been the bear!" Someone said before Monokuma appeared suddenly.

"Nope! I can't interfere. One of you killed him! So get to work and figure out who did it before the class trial!" He laughed.

"R-right," you mumbled, shaking your head slightly.

"A-are you okay?" Mikan asked you.

"It's just shock. Now, we need to get witness accounts and line them up together. Hajime, Nagito I'm trusting you two to gather the statements. Mikan, can you do an autopsy?" You asked the girl.

"Y-yes," she nodded.

"Great. Gundham, your earring is missing. See if it's under the carpet. There are gaps between the floorboards and the carpet doesn't cover that far. The killer was under the floorboards," you said softly.

"What else can we do?" The others asked.

"Kazuichi, check out the breaker. You mentioned Peko wasn't there. Let's see if we can find her. Akane, Nekomaru. You two guard the body. We don't want to risk the killer tampering with evidence or killing Mikan to cover up what they've done," you said. "The rest of you stand by. Gundham you can go find your earring once you've given your statement," you said simply.

"Are you sure you're the ultimate nobody?" Mahiru asked you.

"Perfectly sure," you nodded. "The pictures you took, could you figure out where everyone was standing?" You asked her.

"Of course," she nodded.

"Everyone stay near the cabin. We need to figure this out together. Now if I've given you a job, do your job," you said as everyone nodded and split up. As they did so you went over to Hajime and Nagito.

"I need you two to check Togami's cottage," you said softly. "Please."

"Why?" Nagito asked.

"He was overly paranoid. He possibly got a threat sent to him," you said softly. "I'm going to find Fuyuhiko and see if he has any ideas of what happened."

"Be careful," Hajime told you.

"You too. Let me know what you find before the class trial," you smiled before walking away.

You were going to find this killer. Nobody could kill your friend and get away with it.