Chapter Twenty Two

"U-uh, he-hey Y/N!" Ibuki laughed nervously, nobody making eye contact with you.

"Yeah I get it. Don't bother, save the accusations for the trial," you told them coldly, not looking at any of them.

"You killed big-big sis-" Hiyoko began.

"I said shut it," you said sharply, narrowing your eyes at her. "Rather than jump to conclusions we should all look at the evidence. The evidence I never got to see I might add. So, fuck all of you," you said as you passed them, heading to the elevator.

They would not accuse you and get away with it so easily.

*****

You quietly stood at your stand, your friends-no- your classmates watching you worried.

"Let's start with the motive I gave you all! Talk about my masterpiece of a game!" Monokuma laughed.

"What?! Who cares about some stupid game?!" Ibuki exclaimed.

"Isn't this trial to unmask the murderer among us?" Gundham asked.

"We already know who the killer was!" Hiyoko exclaimed.

"Let's stick with the motive first. The game was the motive and she made us promise not to play it. Right Y/N?" Nagito asked.

"Yes that's correct," you nodded.

"Then let's start there," Chiaki said softly.

"The people who completed the game already know, but it is based off a real incident," Nagito stated.

"Some of us- including me- have not played the game. Perhaps you should explain in more detail?" Peko suggested.

"Monokuma's game is a non-fiction game you see. And that's not all. The people involved in the incident in the game are among us," Nagito explained.

"There are video game characters among us?!" Nekomaru exclaimed.

"I think it would be best to start by making it clear who those characters are," Chiaki said.

"Don't you know Y/N? It's why you murdered Mahiru!" Hiyoko exclaimed, glaring over at you.

"For the last time, I didn't murder her. I've been trying to tell you this," you sighed.

"Girl A must be Tsumiki, Mikan Tsumiki," Hajime said.

"W-what?! M-m-me?!" Mikan asked.

"That timidness and stuttering is exactly like Girl A. And if we have to choose from the credit list, Girl A is the only one who fits," Hajime explained.

"W-why am I in a video game? That's an invasion of privacy!" Mikan cried.

"Ha! An ugly pig fart like you has no right to privacy in the first place!" Hiyoko laughed.

"Ah. I feel like I heard the phrase 'ugly pig fart' in the game too," Chiaki said softly.

"Huh?!" Hiyoko exclaimed.

"In the game, Girl B was short and rude. She must have been based on Hiyoko," Hajime said.

"Short and rude? That's taking way too much creative liberty!" Hiyoko pouted.

"Can we move on?" You sighed.

"Next up is Girl C," Nagito said.

"That's easy. It's Ibuki Mioda. She's Girl C," Hajime said.

"Hey!! Ibuki's no sicko! That's defamation! Ibuki will sue!" Ibuki exclaimed.

".........So next up is Girl D," Chiaki said.