Chapter Twenty Eight

Elsewhere

Monokuma hummed softly as he put two items in a box. Keeping promises was very important. Even if it was a joke, he'd be sure to scare the hell out of you.

--

"So what does she have?" Sonia asked as she looked over at the hospital, tapping her fingers on her arm nervously.

"She hasn't woken up yet so we don't know for sure. I'll let you know the minute I find out," Hajime said with a sigh.

"After this we'll make Miss Y/N some cake to apologize," Kazuichi said.

"She did seem to enjoy sweets at the party," Gundham agreed.

"And I'll give her this card I was working on as an apology!" Hiyoko said, holding the paper in her hands.

"We'll all get the chance to apologize, don't worry too much," Chiaki smiled softly.

"Right. I'll go check on her now," Hajime smiled lightly as he walked away from the group.

--

Fuyuhiko sighed softly as he looked down at your sleeping body, not wanting to leave your side. It was his fault Peko killed Mahiru so it was his fault everyone accused you. Right?

He groaned softly as he leaned back in his chair. You would've been so pissed if you found out he cut himself open the other day in apology. He quietly looked up at the ceiling before hearing you mumble softly.

"Y/N?" He questioned softly, careful of his own bandages.

"You dumbass. What did you do to yourself?" You laughed weakly.

"This? Oh, nothing much. How are you feeling?" He asked, careful to not be too loud.

"Like I'm gonna cough my god damned lungs out," you smiled softly. "Now what did you do to yourself?"

"He cut himself open," Hajime said as he walked in with Mikan.

"Fuyuhiko I'm going to metaphorically kill you when I'm well again. You think you had it bad just fucking wai-" you cut yourself off as you fell into a fit of coughs, covering your mouth with your arm to attempt to stop the spread of germs.

"What does she have Mikan?" Hajime asked worried as the girl inspected you.

"Upupupu! Y/N has an incurable disease! A different strand of the despair disease that was made by a very special woman! She was a chemist I believe! Luckily there is a single antidote!" Monokuma laughed from behind the group.

"Then give us the fucking antidote!" Fuyuhiko yelled as you tried to stop coughing, blood coming up in your coughs.

"I will if someone kills in the next 24 hours! Good luck!" Monokuma laughed as he left while you finally calmed down.

"H-hey. D-don't worry about it," you said softly as Mikan cleaned the blood off of you.

"B-but-" Fuyuhiko began.

"We should tell-" Hajime began.

"You-you will tell n-nobody," you said softly. "I-I don't w-want anyone else d-dying. So please. D-Don't tell."

"You'll die if we don't!" Fuyuhiko exclaimed, tears welling up in his eye.

"I'll b-be the last d-death. M-Monokuma would h-have killed me. C-cause for execution," you said softly.

"Are you sure?" Hajime asked softly as you weakly smiled and nodded.

"Positive," you said softly.

"Here, I brought this for when you woke up," Fuyuhiko said softly as he laid your stuffed animal beside you.

"Thank you," you said softly with a weak smile.

Unknown to you, one person couldn't bear the thought of losing you. They'd have to stop it.

--

Author Note

Thanks Bxtterflee_ for the idea! From this point on I will likely create my own versions of the class trials so yay I guess!

Also for when I was cussing out some readers it was only meant towards the rude one. You shouldn't feel offended if you weren't one of the rude ones.

Sometimes I put my own inside jokes in my books because I originally never planned on publishing some of my fics. So yeah, whoops.