Chapter Seven

"And that's everything," Hajime said softly, showing you the evidence he had collected.

"Right. The trial is beginning so we can piece it together there. I'll back you up so don't worry," you said with a soft smiled.

---Class Trial Begin---

You sighed softly as you tapped the wood in front of you nervously, standing between Teruteru and Peko.

"Hey, it's okay. We'll figure this out," Peko told you calmly.

"Yeah!" Kazuichi agreed from the other side of her with a nervous smile, holding a thumbs up at you.

"R-right," you nodded slightly as you hugged yourself.

"Before we begin, let me explain the rules of the school trial in simple terms. Your task is to reason out the identity of the culprit, and vote on who to accuse! Should you correctly identify the culprit, they alone shall be punished! But if you vote for the wrong person.... Then everyone except the culprit shall be punished, and the culprit shall be given permission to leave the island!" Monokuma announced.

"Those wules are too cwuel!" Monomi exclaimed.

"Before we begin, there is one thing I want to confirm. Is the culprit really one of us?" Nagito asked.

"Of course they are. Our murderous culprit is definitely one of you. It truly is a sad tale, isn't it? By the way this trial is 100% fair and square, so please relax. After Monomi, favoritism and injustice are the things I hate the most!" Monokuma exclaimed.

"You really hate me that much?" Monomi yelled.

"Well then, let's begin!" Monokuma exclaimed.

"Y-you say we should begin...but, what exactly are we supposed to do?" Mikan asked.

"How 'bout we quit fussing around and just decide with our fists?!" Akane yelled.

"You even listen to the rules?!" Kazuichi exclaimed.

"That moron Togami was killed in the big hall, wasn't he? In that case, the people in there with him are the most suspicious ones," Fuyuhiko stated with a cocky smile.

"Sure, sure. All you want to say is that you're not the culprit, right?" Mahiru asked him.

"Of course. It's you who started this mutual killing business. It's nothing to do with me," he said.

"Huh? What the...?" Mahiru muttered.

"A-anyway...how about we discuss the most interesting fact first?" Nagito asked.

"Eh? What do you mean 'most interesting fact'?" Teruteru asked.

"The location of the body...it's strange that we found it under that table," Nagito said.

"So, should we begin with that mystery?" Chiaki asked.

"How did Togami's body end up under that table?" Nagito asked.

"It was the table set deepest inside the hall and he was under it," Gundham stated.

"Maybe after the culprit killed Togami they moved the body over there?" Kazuichi suggested.

"No that's wrong!" You said with Hajime.

"Don't you think it's odd to suggest that the body was moved?" Hajime asked.

"Huh? Why?" Kazuichi asked.

"Remember the state of things when we found the body. There was a lot of blood but no blood trails," you said, holding your finger up thoughtfully.