Chapter Fourteen

You silently laid in your bed, hugging one of the many stuffed animals that laid on your bed. Tears stained your cheeks and you hadn't slept all night. Every time you closed your eyes you saw their bodies. And it was all your fault. If only you had been able to do something. Anything.

You sighed softly as you walked to the connected bathroom, got a shower and got changed into a fresh set of clothes before brushing through your hair and washed your face. You silently grabbed your backpack, putting your favorite stuffed animal in so it's head was peeking out. You quietly stepped out of your cottage and locked the door behind you before walking away from the hotel and to the central island.

You continued walking, heading towards the central park before noticing the gate to the second island was open. You quietly walked over to it before stepping onto the bridge. After making sure nothing would kill you, you rushed across the bridge with a small smile. You looked around curiously, sure you should wait for your classmates but you weren't sure if you wanted to see them right now. You smiled as you walked up to a giant building. Some type of ruins.

You hummed in confusion as you laid your hand on the metal that blocked the entrance to the building. You wanted to go in. It felt familiar. You held your head as a sharp pain pierced your skull. Flashing images shot through but you couldn't catch them. You quickly let go of the building before walking away, the pain lessening.

Okay. On to the next place. You smiled happily as you ran up to the library and grabbed a few books before noticing a pamphlet. Jabberwock island. Hmm. Well, you'll let the others figure that out. You sat the books in your bag underneath your stuffed animal friend and walked back out. You continued to walk with a soft smile before looking at the pharmacy.

You smiled lightly and walked inside before grabbing some bandaids and painkillers and sat them in your bag. You quickly walked out again before walking to the parking lot beside a building. A diner! And beside it looked like a beach area! You smiled lightly and walked into the diner before squeaking as you saw Fuyuhiko.

"(Y/N) wa-" he began but you were already out the door. You did not want to talk to your classmates right now. Not after what you did. Not after everything that happened. And if you were one on one with them, what would stop them from killing you? You frowned as you rushed back into the library and hid quickly, panting heavily. You really needed to work out more.

"(Y/N)? I saw your dumb ass run in here. You dropped this shitty looking stuffed animal," Fuyuhiko said as he opened the door. You looked back at your backpack to find that you did in fact drop your best friend. You quickly covered your mouth to keep him from hearing you before you heard him sigh.

"Look, I'm not going to fucking kill you or whatever. I get it, you're scared shitless one of us will. I just want to talk. You wanted to be friends with everyone or whatever. Right? You can't do that if you're hiding. The others probably haven't woken up yet, if you want your shitty stuffed animal back I'm heading to my cottage to clean it. Meet me there," he said before leaving. You frowned slightly. Maybe he wouldn't kill you. Maybe you could trust him. He did seem like the one with the least intention to kill despite his Ultimate. And he had your favorite stuffed animal and was going to clean it for you. You nodded to yourself before quickly getting up and ran after Fuyuhiko, slowing down as you caught up.

"So you decided to not be a dumb fuck and join me?" He asked you, his voice softer than it normally was.

"Y-yeah. I-I think I'll trust you. But can we get flowers before heading to the hotel?" You asked him.

"Whatever. I don't fucking care," he said as he rolled his eyes.

"Thanks Fuyu," you smiled lightly.

"Hey, thanks or whatever for defending me against those shit heads when they were dumbasses and accusing me," he told you.

"Thanks for threatening Teru when he went batshit crazy on me," you smiled lightly before picking some flowers and continuing on your path to the hotel.

"I don't see why the fuck he did that. Everyone was accusing him. Not just you," he grumbled.

"People do things they don't think about when they're desperate," you shrugged. "Even so. He may have tried attacking me but he didn't deserve to die like that."

"Yeah no kidding. Speaking of which, you look like absolute shit," he told you.

"Ouchie Fuyu. But I didn't get any sleep. I kept seeing the bodies when I closed my eyes," you said softly.

"When we get to my cottage take a nap while I take care of your stuffed animal. I won't kill you or do anything to you. Promise. You just need some fucking sleep," he told you as the two of you made it to the hotel.

"Only because you're the only one I trust right now," you told him. "Oh, let me do something," you said as the two of you made it to his cottage. You separated the flowers you held into two groups before laying one pile in front of Togami's door and the other in front of Teruteru's door.

"Flowers?" Fuyuhiko asked.

"We don't have a cemetery. So I figured this would work. Hopefully they're the only two I have to do it for," you said as you followed him into his cottage.

"Hopefully," he agreed as you slipped your shoes off and sat your bag down.

"Can I use your blanket?" You asked him.

"Sure, whatever," he said as he rolled his eyes.

"Thanks Fuyu. Wake me for lunch. We could go to the diner," you said as you laid in his bed before drifting to sleep.