CH.11 DAY AFTER BIRTHDAY

The next morning Joey and Pacey awoke to loud noises coming from the kitchen. They both jumped up off the sofa to inspect what was going on.

It was Dawson's parents and when they seen Joey and Pacey, they greeted them with a really loud "good morning you two". "Good morning Mr.and Mrs. Leery" Pacey and Joey said while she was holding her head. "Joey can you please go wake up Dawson and tell him that his parents want to speak to him" Mrs. Leery said. "Yes mam" Joey said and went to get Dawson.

Upon entering his room without knocking Joey was stopped dead in her tracks when she seen that Jen was in Dawson's bed and they were both naked. Dawson was the first to wake up. When he seen Joey he jumped up from the bed. He looked down and realized he was naked. He ran to his bathroom but came back out quickly with his bath robe on. He went to Jen's side of the bed and said "Jen wake up as he was shaking her shoulder. Joey said "I'm going back downstairs and Dawson you might want to hurry because your parents don't look too happy".

When Joey returned to the kitchen she seen that Pacey had a cup of coffee in front of him. She sat down beside him and immediately grabbed his cup. Her head was pounding so bad. She hoped that the coffee would help. "Where's Dawson Joey "? Mr. Leery asked. "He's on his way down."

Dawson came downstairs with clothes on. Thank God Joey thought as she watched Dawson enter the kitchen but no Jen. "Where's Jen, Dawson?" Mrs. Leery asked. Dawson was speechless for a moment then he said "she climbed out the window."

"We seen you two in bed Dawson. Your bed. As we seen Pacey and Joey asleep together on the sofa but unlike you and Jen, they had their clothes on. So Pacey what I want for you and Joey, is for you two to take these trash bags and clean up the yard. Dawson will join you shortly" Mr. Leery said while handing the bags to them. They left Dawson with his parents and went to clean the yard up.

About half an hour later Dawson joined them. "Man how bad was it?" Pacey asked."They lectured me about how they trusted me and now I have to earn their trust back. I'm grounded for six weeks." "What did they say about Jen and you two not having any clothes on" Joey piped in. "They asked if we were safe and then dad tried to tell me about the birds and the bees but mom stopped him. I mean it's a little late to have that talk now and mom told him as much. Then they sent me out here. "Dawson did you really lose your virginity last night?" Joey asked. "I think I did Jo". "Way to go man" Pacey said giving him a high five.

When the yard was clean Joey announced that she was going home and she headed for her boat. "Wait up Jo and I'll go with you so that I can paddle the boat for you because I know you don't feel very good. "Bye Dawson see you in school Monday" Pacey hollered over his shoulder as he was trying to catch up with Joey.

Joey got in the boat and sat down. Pacey got in when he seen that Joey was settled and untied the boat. Pacey sat down and started paddling. "Thanks so much for this Pacey" Joey said. "You're welcome Jo. I noticed that you didn't say bye to Dawson. Why didn't you say bye. Are you upset with him"? "I just think he made a mistake." "Why do you think he made a mistake Jo?" "We had a pack, to wait until we were in love to have sex." "Maybe he's in love, Jo you don't have to be in love to have sex. "I know that Pacey but the first time should be special." "I'm sure it was special to him, I mean he lost his virginity on his 16th birthday" Pacey said laughing. "Pace he couldn't really remember this morning. How can that be special? Pace are you a virgin?" Pacey didn't say anything for a moment and then he blurted out "no Jo I'm not a virgin. Before you ask, it wasn't special it was just sex. Hey Jo do you remember kissing Dawson last night?" Pacey asked to change the subject. "Yes Pace I remember and I'm sorry. I was drunk and that kiss meant nothing because it didn't feel anything like when you kiss me." "That's what I wanted to hear Jo." "Pace are you going to be able to wait to have sex with me until I'm ready?" "Joey I can wait as long as you want me to." "That's what I needed to hear" Joey said smiling at him.

Pacey paddled up to Joey's dock and tied the boat up. "You are home my lady" Pacey said. Joey stood to get out of the boat but Pacey said "let me get out out first that way I can help you out." Pacey held out his hand to Joey as soon as he was standing on the dock. She took it and stepped up on the dock.

Pacey didn't let go of Joey's hand when she was out of the boat and standing on the dock. He held on to it as he walked Joey to her door. "Homecoming is next week Jo. Are you ready?" "Sure am Pace but I wonder if Dawson is going to be allowed to go since he's grounded." "It being a school function I'm sure they'll let him go." Pacey said.

Bessie came out to the porch to tell Joey that Dawson was on the phone. "Tell him I'll be right there." Joey turned to Pacey and said "thanks again Pace." Pacey went in for a kiss but Joey turned just as he was about to kiss her lips, making him kiss her cheek instead. "Morning breath Pace" Joey said as she turned to walk inside.

Once inside Joey grabbed the phone and went to her bedroom. "Hey Dawson" she said into the phone. "Jo are you mad at me? You didn't say bye to me when you left." "I'm sorry Dawson and yes I'm upset with you because we said that we would wait to have sex until we were in love so that it would actually be special. Dawson there's no way that last night was special. You couldn't even remember it this morning." "I remember our pack Jo and I'm sorry Jo but in my defense I was really drunk. It just happened Jo Please don't be mad at me. You're my best friend." Ok Dawson I'm glad we talked but dude I have to get off this phone. I have to shower then I'm going to bed and hopefully sleep until Monday." "Ok Jo believe me I understand and I'm probably going to do the same." They both said bye, that they would see each other at school Monday and they hung up.