CH.10 DAWSON'S 16TH BIRTHDAY

The four had eventually gotten over their squabbles and became friends again. Good thing too because Dawson had just gotten his parents permission to have a party for his 16th birthday and he would need help setting everything up. Even though his parents were going out for the evening they trusted him.

"Hey Dawson where are we going to set up the keg" Pacey asked. "Pace my parents will never go for that". "That's why it won't be delivered until they're gone" Pacey said "and what will we do with it before they get back" Dawson asked. "We'll just give it to some of the guys that come to the party. Look man I already paid for it, we'll figure it out ok. It will not be a party without it" Pacey said. "Ok Pace if you say so and since you already paid for it guess we will have to figure it out.

"Ok guys the place looks great and thank you so much for helping me set everything up" Dawson said. "Well if we're finished Jo and I are going to go to my house to shower and get ready for the party" Jen said. "Jo you aren't going to your house" Pacey asked. "Nope Jen's going to loan me some clothes and help me get ready" Joey said. "Ok Jo but nothing too short, shows alot of skin and definitely not too much makeup" Pacey said. Joey and Jen looked at each and smiled. The girls started walking over to Jen's house and Pacey hollered "remember what I said Jo". "See ya around 9 girls" Dawson shouted. "See ya then" the girls hollered back.

"Jen I want the shortest dress, shows the most skin and please make my face up". "You got it Jo" Jen said as they walked into her room. Jen went to her closet and pulled out a short black dress with a deep cleavage line. "Try this on Jo". Joey stripped out her clothes and put the dress on. "Girl that looks great on you, now for shoes, how about these knee high boots". Joey put the boots on and looked at herself in the mirror. "Something is still missing, here put this necklace on" it was a long silver necklace with loops in it. "There that's better" said Jen. "Now that we have your outfit, go shower while I put my outfit together" Jen said.

Joey took off for the shower and Jen started pulling clothes out of her closet. Finally she settled for a pair of tight black jeans and a tight black t-shirt with ACDC written across it and a black pair of stilettos.

Joey came out of the bathroom in a towel. "Jo dry your hair while I shower" Jen said as she headed to the bathroom. Joey had just finished drying her hair when Jen came out of the bathroom she too was also in a towel. Thank goodness it was just Jen and her grandma living there, Joey thought.

"Joey do you want curls in your hair or do you want it straight" Jen asked as she held up her curling iron and hair straightener. "Let's go with straight Jen". "Girl you are going to look so hot when I get done with you". Jen went to work on Joey's hair then she did her makeup. When Joey looked in the mirror she couldn't believe that that was her staring back at her.

"Jo I'm proud of you for taking a stand because if you don't Pacey will think it's ok to keep tell you what to do". As Jen was finishing up her makeup she looked over at Jo and said "girl the boys are going to love you, the girls are going to hate you and Pacey's going to blow a gasket". They both started laughing and Jen stood to put on her stilettos. "Jen you look great, Dawson's a lucky guy" Joey said.

They were walking out of the bedroom when they heard a knock on the door. Jen opened the door and to the girl's surprise Dawson and Pacey was standing there. Jen looked at the clock and seeing it was only 8:30 she asked the guys what they were doing there.

" We wanted to walk our dates to the party, wow Joey you look amazing" Dawson said wide eyed. Jen cleared her throat and Dawson said "babe you look great too but he couldn't help but look at Joey. Pacey had just stood there staring at Joey with shock on his face. Finally he spoke "Jo you're not going out looking like that". Without a word Joey walked past him, grabbed Jen's hand and took off down the steps toward Dawson's.