CH.4 RIALTO NIGHT

Pacey arrived at Joey's house just as she was walking out the front door."Good evening Miss Potter, looking mighty fine this evening. "You aren't looking too shabby yourself Mr. Witter". Pacey offered his arm and Joey took it. "Shall we go Miss Potter"? "We shall Mr. Witter". Off they went to the Rialto.

"I know we've only reconnected for a few days now but Joey I really like you and really want to get to know you better, you know pass the friend zone". "Pacey I like you too but before we can go any further with this conversation, I have to talk to Dawson first". "I understand Jo".

Upon reaching the theater Joey seen that Dawson and Jen we already there waiting for them. She also noticed that Dawson was holding Jen's hand, which he dropped as soon as he seen Joey. Pacey also noticed the hand holding and turned to Joey. "Are you ok Jo"? "Why wouldn't I be Pacey".

"Since we're all here why don't we go inside" Dawson said as he was leading them in. Once inside they stopped to get drinks and snacks. Then they made their way to the movie screening. "Where should we sit" Pacey asked while silently praying that they would say in the back. "How about in middle" said Joey. "Sounds good to me" said Dawson as yet again he led the way. Dawson was the first to sit then Jen,Joey and last Pacey. This seems like and looks like a double date thought Jen.

The movie had just started when Pacey leaned over and whispwred to Joey, "may I hold your hand"? Without even answering Joey grabbed Pacey's hand. Dawson seen this and grabbed Jen's hand. Jen snuggled up against Dawson as much as the seat would allow and rested her head on his shoulder. Joey couldn't but notice this and did the same to Pacey.

Halfway through the movie Joey excused herself to the ladies room. When she came out Dawson was standing up against the wall waiting for her. "Dawson what are you doing out here? You should be watching the movie". "Look Jo we need to talk". "Right here, right now Dawson" "Yes Joey right here, right now. Joey we pretty much decided earlier today that all we have between us is friendship right". "I guess you can say that Dawson". "We're also best friends right Jo"? "Yes Dawson, where are you going with this"? "I can tell Pacey really likes you, do you like him? Before you answer that. Let me say this I like Jen and she likes me, we have decided to try and have a relationship" Dawson said in rush. "That's good Dawson, back to your question. Yes, I like Pacey. He asked if he could get to know me better, you know pass the friend zone earlier". "What did you say to him"? "I told him that I had to talk to you first you know to see where we stand. Now since we have talked and I see where we stand, I can give him an answer. Thank you Dawson for making this so much easier". With that being said she took off in search of Pacey.

He was still sitting in the same palce she had left him. She returned to her seat beside him as Dawson was reclaiming his seat by Jen. Pacey seeing this asked Joey if everything was alright because she was gone for so long. "Dawson and I had a conversation" she told him. "Ohhh ok and". She grabbed his hand and said "everything is just fine Pace"

The movie ended and the credits started. Pacey was the first to stand and he offered his hand to Joey who gladly took it and stood up. "Great pick Dawson" Jen told Dawson. "You really think so" said Dawson. "Totally" said Jen.

They exited the theater into the warm summer night air. "Pacey are you walking Joey home" Dawson asked. "If she'll let me" replied Pacey. "I would like that very much Pacey. My road gets kinda spooky at night" said Joey. "Yeah, Joey gets spooked easily" Dawson said laughing". "Ha ha very funny Dawson" said Joey. "Well guess we'll see one another in school Monday" Jen piped in. They said their good byes and headed off in opposite directions.

Joey and Pacey were hand in hand as they made their way to her house. Dawson and Jen were also hand in hand as they took off for their houses. Pacey noticed this, he also noticed that Joey hadn't let go of his hand until now as she threaded her arm through his. He wondered if any of this had anything to with the conversation that Joey and Dawson had earlier.

Not being able to withstand it any longer Pacey as Joey, "is there anything you need to tell me Jo"? "You remember what we were talking about earlier, you know about us getting to know one another better, pass the friend zone"? "Yeah but you said you had to talk to Dawson first". "That's what our conversation was about back at the theater. He asked me if I liked you and then he told me that he and Jen were going to try and be in a relationship. "What did you tell him when he asked if you like me"? "I told him yes I like you and that you wanted to get to know me better, pass the friend zone". "Jo are you wanting to try a relationship with me"? "Only if you really want to Pace". "Of course I do Jo but I have to know this is what you really want and it doesn't have anything to do with them". "Pacey it has nothing to do with them, I just needed to see where Dawson and I stood because I didn't want to hurt him. It's been him and I for so long, everybody thought that we would end up together, so did I until you walked into my life a few days ago. Pacey this about you an me". "Ok Jo we'll try".

By the time they finished their conversation, they were at Joey's doorsteps. "Thank you for letting me escort you this evening Miss Potter". "Thank you Mr. Witter for a lovely evening, good night kind sir". Pacey lifted her hand his lips and gently kissed it. He bidded her good night and Joey walked inside.