027

27
-

Oh as you walk away,
Oh as you walk away, and

——————————

"Excuse me!"
The young girl cried out, her long black, silky hair tied into two pigtails.

Levi turned around, viewing the young girl, raising an eyebrow at her odd clothing. It was a  pale pink top with a yellow bottom dress he never seen in said style before, but the silk dress was clearly expensive. She was too clean and a proper, young lady, even to her manners to have been from the underground. So, he determined she was a rich brat from the capital, playing in this shit hole for jokes and giggles.

"What, brat?"
Levi spat out, his hand flicking his pocket knife outward while still in his pocket.

"My ball... it fell beside your feet."
The young girl pointed to the red ball that in fact was between Levi's legs. Levi let a tch escape his lips, before smirking.

He drove the pocketknife down into the ball, causing it to burst loudly.
"Well! Why'd you do that!"
She hollered loudly, stomping her shoes on the ground.

Levi chuckled just slightly, seeing at how she pouted and furrowed her eyebrows drastically. She was cute. Even to Levi.
"Hey! And now you're laughing at me! You meanie!"
The young girl, shouted, storming off into the bustling underground city.

"Yeah! I am mean, brat!"
Levi shouted back at her, only seeing her backside, but still finding it cute how she got so angry so fast. His eyes widen quickly, tough when a old bum in the underground city had snatched her up, clearly for all the wrong reason.

"H-hey!"
Levi called out, to the man, who had swiped up the young girl he just talked to, now running to escape.

Levi, not knowing why, chased after the man, who was joined by two other friends. He wanted to rescue the girl, for no reason why, but he became more desperate for that goal.
After a few minutes of running, Levi did just that, rescued the little girl, fighting off the man that tried to hurt her.

He went a little too far, by jamming his pocket knife into the man's neck.
With blood covered hands, he took her little one, leading her away.

"What's your name?"
He asked delicately, trying his best not to tug too harshly on her thin arms.

"Min! Min Chun Hei! Yours?"
She smiled widely, looking up at the much taller and older boy.
"Levi. Just Levi."

Chun Hei frowned, wondering why: why do men always kill someone in front of me?

"Where's your parents?"
Levi asked trying to distract her from where he was starting to take her, to the the furthest way away from the underground city's staircase.

"My mom is dead and my dad is in the capital."
Levi stopped walking, which caused Chun Hei to stop as well.

Levi held out his arms, signalling he could carry her, to which she practically jumped in his arms.
He ran far away, for a good hour, before he set the girl down.

"Are you hungry, brat?"
Levi asked, Chun Hei simply nodded.

He stole a pan of bread from a nearby vendor, pretty easily, without anyone batting an eye.
He gave her the full pan, not caring about his own growling stomach.

"Thank you. Can I see dad now?"
There was a little twitch inside of Levi, hearing those words come from her mouth.
He watched as she bit hungrily into the bread.

"Sure..."
But Levi ended up keeping the girl for three days. Letting her eat most of the food he stole, she slept in his arms, often would wear his sweater for warmth.

Until, on the fourth day, while the MP were doing an thorough check for the lost little girl in the Underground City, they caught Levi.

They beat him to black and purple pulp, and took the little girl, Levi stared through bloody vision, embarrassed he let them take her.

This is where his Ackerman bond formed for Chun Hei, and where his hatred for the MP stemmed.

Over 18 years ago.

Truth be told, there was a lot of occurrences and options on both on Chun Hei's and Levi's side that would've made their relationship less toxic. But, the universe knew, that in this lifetime, the two were simply not meant to be.

But just like Levi had said, they were in fact soulmates.

*important*
A/N: so ever since I started this story I knew exactly how wanted it to end. The final chapter has been written almost as long as the first one has been. But yesterday I thought of a new idea. So, with little information as possible, so I don't spoil the ending, can y'all comment what you'd rather?

HIGH SCHOOL or COLLEGE