026

26
-

As you walk away....

—————————

"It's been a while Levi... for such a clean freak.. you made such a mess."

"Oh god! The stench already is disgusting! Why'd you go so ham! I'm going to throw up!"

Standing out, dominantly from the crowd of Detectives was Erwin Smith and Miche Zacharias. The two head detectives of the group of men.
Levi's blood was cold, and stopping in his own veins.

"E-Erwin... I-it's good to see you."
Levi stumbled on his words, trying to hide his gun into his back pocket, his hands trembling.

Was it over?
No. He refused to believe so.

"Levi, I wish I could say the same for you."
Erwin's voice didn't hide the sadness he was feeling, he slowly started to approach his friend, cautious.
He hated to see his friend doing such low things.

Levi freaked out, scooting on his bottom, away from the tall blonde man.
"N-no! Stay away from me!"

Do he kill them all?
Or make a run for it?

"Levi... it's over. You've been caught. Now, let's make this easier for both of us."
"No! I-I—"

The raven hair man was in a compete mental breakdown, his gloved, bloody hands were clutching as hair as he breathed out increasingly. He screamed in mental agony, ashamed of himself. Bringing his knees to his chest and stomping his foot onto the floor.

"Mr. Ackerman, if you don't co-operate with us, we have permission from the government to use lethal injection on you."
Levi's glaze averted, seeing that the head director of the Mental Ward he once was admitted to, was standing amongst the men.

Levi's whole body was trembling. He didn't want to give up, he didn't want to leave her behind.
He shakily took a breath, pointing his gun, towards one of the men, taking fire.

His hands shaking, made him miss his target, shooting Miche, right in the heart.
Erwin gasped, trying to support his friend up who had fallen from the wound.
"M-Miche!"
The others in shock, watched as Levi stumbled to his feet, starting to take his leave towards the exist his head hung to the floor.

"Levi Ackerman! Surrender now and you won't face death!"

He glared at the director, his murderous eyes almost glowing. But there was a tremble in his voice. He had a sudden realization. This wasn't who we was. He hated killing people, when he faced off with Kenny's squad, having to kill all of them for the sake of Eren took a big toll on him.

"Please, let me go home to my wife and child."

"...Levi... it's too late for that."

"No! You're wrong!"

Chun Hei screamed inside of her house, her forehead pressing to the ground, as tears streamed down her face.
"You're wrong, Jae Beom!"