015

15
-

Why don't you walk away?

—————————————————

— Levi Ackerman—

It took a few days to clean the mental ward back up and regulate schedules of patients again. Treatments currently stop for the time being, and patients were held-hand fed in the cells unlike the usual supervised meal times.

Mr. Oh passed away.

So Chun Hei took a few days off to grieve and attend his funeral. How ironic, she goes to her friend's funeral but not her dad's.
I was told by this John guy, Chun Hei very much needed this break, as if her face from a week ago didn't tell me that enough.
I'm still pissed at Erwin, the memory often flashes in my head, blurring my vision to nothing but a red daze with murderous intent.

The day the hospital did finally get cleaned up and back onto treatment plans, Chun Hei had also came back.
In the morning, instead of a health nurse, she was in fact the one to wake me up, alongside the male nurse who often gave me my baths. She wasn't wearing her work uniform either but rather, everyday, causal clothing, holding my suit and tie from my locker.

"What's this?"
I question as she took off my straight jacket, and the male nurse had started to get my necessities for my morning routine.

"You see, every so often, we are allowed to bring patients outside for a day, and today, I'll be taking you and Erwin out!"
She smiled happily, having lead me out of my cell to the bathing room.

Oh, John mustn't have told her about what we spoken about yet. I suppose that's fine, I can deal with a day out with Chun Hei, even if it was with Erwin.

Within an hour, my morning routine was done, and with supervision from my male health nurse, I was brought down to reception table.
I clearly saw Erwin with Chun Hei, but there was another man there too, I refused to believe was true. As I approached the three, I realized it was in fact, real.

"Miche?"
"H-hey humanity's strongest soldier... been awhile, huh?"

I stood, star stuck by the reality that Miche was also here in this exact same mental ward in Paris, France. How'd even get here?

Chun Hei gleamed that cheeky smile of subtle mischief, like she always did, as she slapped her hands on my shoulders, bringing me closer to the circle they've created.
"A week ago I asked for some new patients and Miche was one of them! Erwin knew him when I mentioned him, so I figured you did too!"

I took a few seconds to process what she said. I was a lot closer to Erwin, but Miche was another familiar face here, then I had got the idea.
"Is there a Hanji Zoe here?"

Chun Hei pressed her red, plump lips together, staring at the ceiling, deep in thought as she tried to remember all the patients here.
"No... but I have a friend in Russia who has a Hanji... Leonheart? I think a Hanji Leonheart."

Erwin simply smacked himself in the face.
"Chun Hei, are you sure your friend doesn't have an Annie Leonheart and Hanji Zoe?"
Chun Hei, again, went back to her heavy concentration, before she snapped her fingers, a overexcited expression overcoming her face.

"Yes! Annie is the Titan lady, isn't she?!"
"What will they do to all the Titan shifters?"
I had asked, raising an eyebrow, expecting a somewhat normal answer.

"Kill them. The other Ackerman girl got killed too, she tried to kill a bunch of caretakers in a mental ward in Japan after they took little Titan freak boy away, so they decided to use lethal injection on her too."

How ironic, even outside of the walls his nickname of Titan Freak remains.

I gulped in fear. I was a by-product of Titan science, and all the Titan shifters were to be killed... would that include me?

"Oh, Chun Hei, I see you are heading out with some patients, may I send a bodyguard with you?"
The head director of the ward had asked, as he sauntered down the staircase from above. The three of us, looked at him.

"Yes! Oh Seo—"
She stopped abruptly, her eyes widening as she lowered her gaze to floor.

A few of us had shouted at her to make her comeback to her senses, but she stood there, blanked out. Mouth agape and her eyes widened in terror. A few inaudible shock nosies came from her mouth, before she covered it with her hand, whispering, is he really gone?

I didn't feel remorse for Mr. Oh. He deserved what he got, stepping in the way my desires for Chun Hei.
But watching her, break down like this, made me wish there was another way.

"I'm afraid... Mr. Oh will always be deeply missed here, but I can send Jae Beom with you, you have a liking to him, don't you?"
"That's... fine. I can handle my patients by myself..."

It's been forever since I was on a train.
We sat down in a four bunk seating area, two seats across from the other two, then separated for a different area.
Erwin and Miche sat across me and Chun Hei.

"So where do we wanna go?"
"The Eiffel Tower!"
Miche had suggested and after a quick debate, that's where we were off too.

Chun Hei rested back in her seat, shutting her eyes, her legs crossed, the tip of her red heels ever so lightly glazing my calf as she tapped her foot in her sleep. Man, it'd be real easy to escape right now.

The train had stopped at a station, in which, we weren't getting off at. Passengers left, as new ones boarded.
Once the train started up again, an asian man, wandering down the aisles, had caught my attention off guard, giving me a unsettling feeling. His clothes were foreign to me, I imagined, having not seen them beforehand, they must've been a cultural thing.
His eyes searched as if he was a manic, and once set upon Chun Hei, he rushed over, attacking her.

"Chun Hei! My dear!"
"Uncle..?"